Breaking the Barrier

Your P.O.V.

I looked up at the barrier. It faded in between white light and darkness that had a pulsing effect to it.

"At one point, we had our strongest magic users try to break the barrier...unfortunately they couldn't even weaken it," Asgore explained. "You two may try your best, but don't feel bad if you don't succeed."

Asgore then left us to the barrier.

"Welp, time to bring out the big guns I guess," Sans said.

A goat head appeared and out of it came a blast of light, but I swear I saw a bit of s/c in it. The barrier seemed unaffected.

"Can I try?" I asked.

"Sure Sweetheart, but do you even know how to use magic?"

"No...but I thought it wasn't that difficult. You do it with so much ease."

"Monsters are trained from birth to do magic. That was one of my strongest attacks and it did nothing to this thing."

"Sans?"

"Yeah?"

"You remember when we had to put our hands together for the soul bond?"

".....you're a genius!"

I giggled and Sans grabbed my hands. He closed his eyes and I closed mine. I concentrated as hard as I could on giving Sans the power and hope he needed to break this thing.

I didn't need to look. I knew there was a goat head the size of Asgore between us and the barrier. It then blasted so hard that it almost knocked both of us over.

We grabbed onto each other and looked at where the barrier had stood. When we looked...we saw the sunset...and the surface

"We did it, we did it, we did it!" I said over and over, jumping up and down.

Sans just looked out in disbelief.

"Sans?"

".......it's so beautiful....."

"Sans?"

He turned to look at me. I swear he gave me the most tender kiss ever.

"And for once...everything is right with the world," he said when he pulled away.

I blushed and giggled. "Let's go let everyone know! Let's shout it from the fucking rooftops!"

Sans chuckled, and this time, we both ran. We ran out to the place where Asgore made his announcements to the kingdom.

"On three," Sans said. "One....two......three!"

And at the same moment, we yelled at the top of our lungs.

"THE BARRIER IS BROKEN!"

We then started laughing at each other, and I swear, I'd never seen anything brighter than Sans's smile or heard anything better than his laugh at that moment.

That's when I knew I had made the right choice. This was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my days with.

The end.

A/N

This book has been so much fun to write! I'm so glad I actually finished a book! I'm so down to write a second one if this one gets enough love. It might not be right away since I've written this over Christmas break which will soon be over. But I have a few ideas that I didn't end up using in this one and things that might need some more explaining. I'd love to hear any questions and suggestions in the comments though! Or just overall love because who can deny that? I hope you all loved this book as much as I loved writing it. Thank you, for reading to the end. And reader? You're amazing and loved, take care of yourselves alright? 'Cause someone out there really cares about you.

Just give up, I did (Sans x deppresed!reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara