Hanging out with Skelebros

Your P.O.V.

After Sans and I were done talking, Papyrus slammed through the door.

"SANS! HAVE YOU SEEN THE HUMAN? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR HER EVERYWHERE BUT SHE SEEMS TO HAVE DISAPPEARED...WHICH IS ODD BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU USUALLY DO."

"Right here bro," Sans said, winking at me. "She was just telling me how cool and awesome she thinks you are and wants to learn how to cook like you."

"WOWIE! REALLY? WELL LET THE GREAT PAPYRUS SHOW YOU HOW HE COOKS HIS FAMOUS SPAGHETTI!"

Papyrus then picked me up and carried me to the kitchen.

It was a...mess to say the least. First, he threw the whole box of noodles into the pot...including the box. Then he smashed the tomatoes, with his fists, getting tomatoes everywhere. Then he almost burned the house down with the heat on the stove.

I went over and whispered to Sans. I had already spoken in front of him but I was still scared to talk in front of Papyrus.

"The kid says that your food looks great Pap but she was wondering if you would like to take a break in the living room while she takes a try at the spaghetti."

"WHY OF COURSE HUMAN, I WILL AWAIT YOUR DISH WHILE I WATCH SOME METTATON!"

Sans and I watched him leave the kitchen. We both let out a sigh of relief and started laughing at each other.

"How do you eat that stuff?" I asked.

"Skillfully."

"Welp, I'm gonna make some real food, wanna help?"

"Eh, I'd rather be a lazy bones."

I laughed at his pun and started cleaning the stuff Papyrus had used.

After that, I started making the spaghetti.

"Geez kid, I didn't know you were a cooking whiz."

"Well after my dad passed away my mom stopped wanting to do as much around the house so I picked up a few things."

I could feel Sans staring at me from his seat at the kitchen table.

"....what?" I asked.

"Uh...I lost my dad too."

"I'm guessing that's why you're so protective of Papyrus, yeah?"

"Yeah...we never really had a mom either so it made things hard on us. Paps doesn't remember our dad so I guess that's somethin."

I set a plate of food down in front of him and smiled.

"I'm sure he does Sans. I'm sure your dad would be proud of you as well for taking such good care of Papyrus."

Sans stared at me again...what does he see when he does that?

"How do you keep saying all the right things?" He asked.

"Because I've heard all the wrong ones," I said as I left to give Papyrus his plate.

Sans P.O.V.

I looked at my plate of spaghetti. It looked delicious. I took a bite of the noodles. God, is this heaven? Then I remember why it tastes so good.

How has that kid had so much life experience? I mean monsters live for thousands of years but versus humans' bodies most of us would be in our 20s to them. I've lived so long compared to her and it seems as if we have the same knowledge.

For her though...it's almost crippling. I can tell she's barely getting through the day. For some reason even if we just met...I want to make life more bearable for her. I don't want to lose her and I'm finding myself...wanting to live life again too.

After all the resets and all the hurt, for once Frisk isn't here. And it's just her. That means that I still have to watch out for that stupid flower. If he tries to take her away...he's gonna have a bad time.