Chap 22 - Stowaways and Battling a Titan

I woke feeling as if I had fallen from Olympus, followed by being stampeded over by centaurs. My eyes gradually opened, and I looked around. It appears I have flown all the way to Mt. Othys, ahead of the group.

I slowly stood, and popped my bones back into place. Thinking it over, I believe the others are somewhere around the Hoover Dam, and Nick should be meeting Rachel. Speaking of Rachel, I wonder if she remembers me. She didn't betray me, as she had been away from Camp when Nick arrived. 

Shaking my head, I walked to the Garden, and was greeted with the sight of Ladon curled beneath the tree, fast asleep. I sighed, and sat on a nearby rock, opting to wait for the rest of the group.

I pulled out my water, and took a large gulp. The liquid refreshed my parched throat, and I took another sip. Once I had emptied the bottle, I gazed around the garden absentmindedly. A sudden movement caught my eye, and I suspiciously prodded my bag.

After a second, the bag opened, revealing Draco, innocently staring up at me. I sighed in relief, "Draco? Why are you here?"

Draco crawled out of the bag, "We heard Lilith's rider was captured, and we wanted to help!"

I raised a brow, "We?"

My question was answered when Lilith popped her head out to say hello. I smiled at the two, shaking my head in wonder.

"You guys hungry? I can summon some food." They nodded their heads, and I summoned some small meat scraps, which they hastily devoured. They finished quickly, and slipped back into my bag.Not four seconds later, I heard approaching footsteps. 

"How are we supposed to get past Ladon?" I heard a girl's voice ask curiously.

"Not to worry, 'Beth. I'll just kill the ugly thing." Came Nick's arrogant response.

I rolled my eyes, and stepped out. "Or you could use what few remaining brain cells you have left, and maybe consider teleportation?" 

I was immediately crushed in Zoë's hug, quickly followed by Annabeth, Bianca, and Nico. They gradually let go, and I smiled at the four. 

"Don't ever do something like that again! You hear me, Perseus?" Zoë demanded angrily.

I smiled sheepishly, "Yes, Ma'am." She rolled her eyes, and I summoned a portal. One by one, we stepped through, leaving Nick as last. 

We appeared in what looked to be a cavern, but what seemed to be the roof pulled to a single point. And supporting that point, was Artemis. 

"So, the demigods finally show." A deep, booming voice pulled me from my thoughts. Atlas had arrived, bringing an army of monsters with him. Next to him stood James, holding a knife to Thalia's neck.

~THIRD PERSON POV~

"Release her." Percy growled angrily.

Atlas laughed, "Why don't you come get her?"

Without hesitation, Percy drew his swords, and charged. Zoë, Bianca, and Nico rushed James, while Annabeth dragged Nick into the fray of monsters.

Percy swung his swords, but Atlas raised his spear to deflect them. The force behind the blow sent Percy flying back, and he landed across the cave. He looked up, and narrowly dodged the spear's second attack.

Percy rose, and began hacking and slashing at Atlas, but his attacks proved ineffective. He glanced behind him, and got another idea.

"Draco! Lilith! I need your help!"

Not three seconds later, the ground began rumbling as the two dragons grew to full size, and gave a roar to rival Zeus' thunder.

Atlas turned in surprise, and his eyes widened. "Impossible..." He muttered.