Chap 20 - Nick is still an Idiot and Percy's Niece

~NICK'S POV~

Why does Percy get four girls, and I have none? What? I'm so much better than him! They'll see that soon, at capture the flag. 

Once the horn sounded, I grabbed my armor, and rushed to the amphitheater, the rest of the campers following. Percy and his friends, however, took their time, and waltzed in nearly ten minutes late, laughing and joking around.

Do they think they own the place? How dare they keep me, the mighty son of Poseidon waiting!

Percy walked to Chiron, "Sorry we're late."

Chiron waved him away dismissively, "That is quite alright. Now that everyone is here, I can begin with the rules. No killing or maiming, the boundary is the creek. All magic items allowed. To starting positions!"

The campers and I bolted to the creek, while Percy and his friends went to Zeus' fist. You know, when I'm a god, I'll have them name the whole camp after me. 

I was once again placed with the job of guarding the flag. This is perfect, because I know Percy's gonna go for the flag. We can duel, and the whole camp can watch as I use my special trick to prove he's a fraud.  To pass the time, I practiced timing the trick, it needs to be perfect.

Suddenly, I heard a noise behind me, and I had Eddy out in seconds. Percy stepped out, a smirk on his face.

"I can't believe they put you on flag duty, again. I guess they don't trust you to be offencive."

I scowled, "Oh, yeah?"

I charged him, and swung my sword, knocking his from his hands. "Not so tough now, are you?" I said, smugly.

He only smiled, "I'm waiting for the audience."

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Percy glanced around, and a few seconds later, everyone had gathered, waiting for the fight. Percy nodded in satisfaction, before his sword flew to his hand.

"Now, we start."

Percy started forward, and knocked Nick square in the chest, knocking him off of his feet. He got to his feet, and swung his sword relentlessly, getting Percy on defence.

Eventually, Nick began to slow, and Percy took the opportunity. He switched to offence, sending Nick back. He swung again and again, not giving Nick the chance to block. With one final attack, Nick was sent flying into the creek.

He sat up, energized from the water. Percy smiled, this was exactly what he wanted. Nick stood, and raised his arms, causing half the creek to float up. You could see the strain it put on Nick, with the beads of sweat rolling down his neck. 

With a push, Nick sent the water flying at Percy. Percy only raised one hand, and the water stopped, suspended mid air.  

"Don't you learn from your mistakes? I'm the son of Chaos, I control all the elements." With a flick of his wrist Percy froze the water into seven deadly ice spikes, and shot them toward Nick. Nick ended on his back, sitting in a pool of his own blood.

Percy turned to Selena, "Would you please do the honors?"

Selena nodded, and touched the flag. Immediately, it turned silver, with the Chaos symbol decorating the center. Above Selena's head, a glowing symbol appeared.

 Above Selena's head, a glowing symbol appeared

~PERCY'S POV~

"All hail Selena Black, daughter of Nyx!" I said, grinning. I bowed, and the campers hastily followed my example.

Selena looked at me, "Does that make you my Uncle?"

I smiled, "I guess it does."

I took her hand, and we all made our way to the Chaos cabin. Upon arriving, we found Nico sitting on the floor, playing with his mythomagic cards.

"Hey guys. How was capture the flag? Did you win?"

I laughed, "How would we ever not win?"

"Yeah! And you should have seen it, Percy totally destroyed Nick!" Clarisse and Luke cheered.

I laughed at their antics, "Hey, Nico? Can I talk to you for a sec?"

He nodded, and followed me from the room. "Can you help me train Selena? She's a daughter of Nyx, so you should have similar powers."

He nodded, "Sure, not a problem."

"Thanks, Neeks." I said, grinning.

He glared, "Don't call me that. Ever."

I shrugged, "Whatever you say." I waved to Selena, "Hey, Selena! Can you come here for a second?"

She nodded, and walked over. "Alright, Selena, this is Nico. He's agreed to help you train your powers." She gave Nico a bright smile, and I left them to converse.

I spotted Zoë talking to Bianca, and I made my way over.

"Are you to sleeping in Cabin eight tonight?" I asked curiously.

Zoë shook her head, "We're staying here."

I smiled, but before I could reply, there was a knock at the door. I nodded to them, before going to answer it. As it turned out, Chiron was standing on the other side.

"There has been another prophecy. We are discussing it n the big house." 

I nodded, "I'll be there soon." I turned around, "Zoë, Bianca? You want to come?"

They nodded, and followed me out of the cabin, and straight to the big house. We arrived to find all the councillors already there. Even Nick, though he was looking a little pale.

Annabeth smiled welcomingly, and I smiled back, before summoning three new chairs for Zoë, Bianca, and myself.

Once we were seated, the meeting began. 

Chiron cleared his throat, "There has been a new prophecy."

"Can we hear it?" I asked politely.

Chiron nodded,
"Five shall go west to the goddess in chains,
One shall be lost in the land without rain,
The bane of Olympus shows the trail,
Campers, Hunters, and Warriors combined prevail,
The Titan's curse must one withstand, 
And one shall suffer by a parent's hand."

He paused, "Artemis has been captured," Que gasps, "And the prophecy clearly calls for a quest, which Zoë shall lead. Zoë, choose who shall accompany you."

Annabeth, Bianca, Nico, and Percy." Zoë said confidently. I only raised a brow, why would she agree to go, and bring Bianca?

Annabeth smiled at Zoë, but Nick was not as happy with her selection. 

"You have to choose me! It says, 'bane of Olympus', and I'm a child of the big three!" He argued angrily.

Zoë scowled, "Shush, boy. You are no bane of Olympus, and for all you know, the prophecy refers to Percy."

Nick scowled, but made no reply. 

Chiron cleared his throat, "Please pack your things, the quest begins tomorrow."

We nodded, and I walked with Zoë and Bianca back to the cabin.

Reminder:

Zoë: 16 years old
Percy: 18 years old
Bianca: 16 years old
Artemis: 17 year old form
Nico: 11 years old
Selena: 12 years old
Thalia: 16 years old

~BTW: Thalia disowned Zeus, and Ouranos adopted her, making her not the child of the prophecy. As for an explanation about how Bianca's still a child of Hades, none was given in the original, so just roll with it.~

Another thing: 

Should Annabeth be on Percy's side? Vote.

Yes.

No.

Please, if you have an opinion, vote, because I need the vote for the chapter after next.