37 - Hot

Cameron picked up Mari's father and Melissa from the Jetport

Cameron picked up Mari's father and Melissa from the Jetport. While she was waiting for them to arrive Heidi appeared with Grace. The doting grandparents would stay through her first birthday.

Heidi announced, "Even my dad is coming for the party. I can't remember the last time he was in Maine. Don't worry he and Frankie are staying at the Inn."

Jeremy Pendergast would tell you he never achieved his life's goal, but he was still famous. He was one of the most respected reporters inside the beltway. He never rose to the ranks of anchor, but that had more to do with a shift from having an image of an older, experienced face to a young and vibrant face to share the world's troubles to Americans in their living rooms at six-thirty every evening. Once he knew they had passed him over and he came to terms with it, he became his authentic self and no longer hid his relationship with Frankie.

After discussing the party plans, Heidi asked, "Is he here?"

"Who?" Mari asked although she knew the answer.

"Ohio!" Heidi whispered.

"Not you too! He arrived this morning. He's at the hospital."

"Poor thing. Lana told me all about it. She said that she'd be over once her crew was all set."

Lana was still running her business but had taken on the role of manager only. She even started using her staff to clean her own cottage once a week.

Heidi said, "Ryan treats her like she's glass. He has done a one-eighty from the guy who hated marriage."

Heidi sounded a little jealous, but Cam was not as gorgeous as Ryan or Mike. Mari smiled. Misunderstanding, Heidi said, "They are adorable but you could have that too. How bad could Ohio be to live?"

"Pretty bad, actually. His town has it out for him."

"Even better he can move here or Virginia... even Atlanta."

"I'm never moving back to Atlanta!"

Lana arrived and told Mari about the girl who was dating Cole but sneaking around with Will the previous summer. "Ryan and I were ready to kill him. He's lucky he's staying this summer."

"Yeah. I'm tasked with watching the Drake cottage to make sure he isn't hanging around in there. From what I hear, your bedroom saw a lot of action last summer, Grace." Heidi smiled at her daughter.

Heidi's guest bedroom was now the baby's room and at her comment, Lana's face turned red. Then she whispered, "I saw him. He came to visit Jack. He stared at my belly at least I think he was because I was too busy staring at the girl. He's still with her. I asked Maddie. She doesn't think they'll ever get married. She thinks it is all about the sex for him and the money for her."

Mari was feeling bold. "Was the sex that good?"

"Way better than Erik but crap compared to Ryan."

Heidi was about to say something which Mari suspected would have them laughing but the door opened. Mason Hughes looked at the three girls. "Some things never change!"