31 - A walk

Mike looked at his phone and then looked up at Mari

Mike looked at his phone and then looked up at Mari. "She wants to talk to them here."

Instead of going to the beach, he selfishly went back to Mari's. He needed to talk to her about his brother. He had to stop himself from telling Anna that this was the answers to their prayers.

He also told Mari about the threatening letter. He wasn't planning to tell Anna though. He thought he saw some jealousy when he talked about Shelby. He emphasised that she was engaged, and he was happy or would be if George liked Anna.

They had even sat outside for a few minutes. Mari had been going out to the patio every day since the day he carried her out. He was proud of her.

When Anna texted, he was indulging on Mari's lips. They had stolen a few moments together. If anyone asked, he was prepared to lie and say he was taking a nap.

He texted his brother asking him to come back. He added, leave mom and dad with Bryan.

Anna arrived first flanked by the two boys. He was glad that Cole had proven as protective as Sam. Anna hugged them both, and they left with the football.

"You're here?" It surprised Anna to see him.

"Trying to nap."

She nodded but turned to the stairs as Mari came down. "Anna! I've missed you."

Mike noticed that Mari avoided calling attention to how much Anna had grown. Mike felt something in his chest when Anna freely hugged Mari.

"Baby girl, do you want me to leave?"

She looked nervous and nodded. "Does Mari know?"

He confessed, "Yeah."

She smiled and nodded. Did she know that there was a connection between him and Mari?

"I'll go visit with Gran and Grandpa then."

Mari added, "I'll go upstairs." Her eyes lingered on him for just a second. They definitely had a connection.

Anna walked back with her aunt and uncle much like how the boys brought her over

Anna walked back with her aunt and uncle much like how the boys brought her over. They had sat on the patio and talked for a long time. Amy talked about how long they tried for a baby. She told her about the birth mother who had chosen them only to change her mind after the baby was born.