Chapter 3: First day on the job

Michael left about 2 hours ago, and I feel so guilty. I literally lied to his face. Now he probably feels really bad. Which makes me feel even worse that I lied to him like that. Ugh...

*phone rings*

"Hello?'

"Hey, Mary."

"Hey Mr. Jackson."

"Well I was just calling to tell you a couple of things about your job."

"Oh yeah? What's up?"

"Well, I am going to pay you. You deserve it. And I don't care how many times you say no I am still going to pay you."

"Okay." I reply

"And, your starting tomorrow. If it's okay... I'd like to know if your up to doing other chores around the house."

"Yes of coarse."

"Alright. And I'm very sorry I am taking away your sunday... I have to go to a meeting."

"No your fine, I usually do nothing but be bored on Sundays. So this should keep me occupied."

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Oh, Mr. Jackson?"

"Yes Mary?"

"Well, I'm sorry about earlier today. I was a bit harsh."

"Oh your fine. No worries."

"Well the thing is, I lied. My dad is dead. He died when I was eight."

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. But why did you lie to me?"

"Well um... it was just because it's weird hearing my teacher say that about my mom... you know? It would be SOOO weird if you guys starting dating... I mean eww."

"Haha. Alrighty then, you have a good night! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Alright! Bye Mr. Jackson!"

*Line goes dead*

Ugh... he is so cute. His sweet voice was literally music to my ears. It's been 2 weeks since school... and he gives me a weird feeling, that no one has ever given me. I don't know what it is... but my heart stops each time he looks at me.... What is this?!?!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day...

I'm eating a sand which as I am heading out the door. This is my first day of work. I'm really nervous....

I arrive at his doorstep, and ring the doorbell. When he answers the door, a smile grows across his face.

"Mary! How pleasant to see you! Come in so I can show you around!"

"Okay." I say.

Wow, this house is really nice. It is very nicley decorated. And there are still a couple of boxes that he hasn't unpacked.

He shows me around the house and I have to say, he is a very humble man. I can tell he is rich, but he doesn't really show it. It is decorated normally.

"Wow. I love your place!"

"Yeah, I'm glad your gonna be around for a while. It might get a little lonley."

"Yeah. I'm glad I'm gonna be ab le to keep you company!"

"Yeah me too! Oh and I talked to your mom. She said that it is okay if I take you to school, and everyday after school, you'll come right to my house."