Chapter 26: Chaotic Dinner ~ Part 2

Mary's POV

I choke on my water and Mom stops speaking. "Oh my God. Are you okay?" She asks.

I continue to cough but manage to nod in response. Ross is rubbing my back and eventually I'm back to normal.

"Mary... What was that?"

"Sorry, Mom... It was just shocking when you said that. At first I thought you were joking but then you sounded so serious." I say.

"I'm sorry, Sweetie. I'm glad your alright." She smiles.

Ross' hand is still on my back which is making me very weak. He is rubbing it in a circular motion. It's very relaxing and Ross just always gives me butterflies no matter what. Looking at him gives me major butterflies. I feel so lucky to have someone like him.

*doorbell rings*

"Oh! That must be Michael!" Mom announces, running up to the front door. She opens it and Michael slowly walks in. "Hey baby!" She squeals. He pulls her into a hot kiss and immediately I turn away.

"Ew." I cringe.

"Ew." He mocks me.

We both laugh and I look over to see that Mom and Michael are still at it.

"That's so gross! Why won't they stop?!" I giggle.

"We could do the same thing, ya know, to get your mind off of that stuff." He winks.

I bite my bottom lip as he uses his thumb and pointer finger to lift up my chin. He leans in and soon I feel his lips on mine.

"Come on, Mary! That's very rude to do at the dinner table!" Mom scolds.

You've got to be kidding me.

My face turns baboon's butt red and so does Ross'. Meanwhile Michael is straight up glaring at him which makes me angry.

"Michael, stop staring at Ross, please." I say.

Michael looks at me and rolls his eyes. "I wasn't staring."

I roll my eyes back at him. "Then what do you call that?"

"Looking." He assures.

"Whatever."

"Okay!" Mom claps her hands together. "Let's eat! Michael, what do ya like? We have a well done tenderloin, pot roast, and a green bean casserole."

Michael smiles at my Mom. "I'll have all, sweetie."

I roll my eyes at there affection and reach for the green bean casserole. Mom slaps my hand which shocks me. "What the heck?!"

"Mary, don't be so rude! The guests are served first!"

"Ugh."

"Mary, serve Michael please."

I raise my eyebrows at her. "What?"

"Ask him what he likes and put it on his plate."

I look over at Michael and see him smirking... He thinks I'm gonna serve him. I'll serve him alright.

"Michael, what would you like?" I ask sweetly.

"I'll have the green bean casserole. Thanks." He says, handing me his plate.

"Oh." I chuckle. "I don't need your plate."

He looks at me confused as I pick up a spoonful of the green bean casserole and chuck it at his face. Everyone gasps at my actions and Michael looks pissed to the max.

"Oops." I smirk.

"Mary! HOW DARE YOU, YOU'RE SUCH A LITTLE BITCH SOMETIMES!" Mom yells.

Wow. In my entire life, my Mom has never ever called me a bitch. When she is joking maybe, but she never meant it.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM! YOU CAN COME BACK DOWN WHEN I SAY SO!"

I grab Ross' hand and lead him into my room. We sit down on the bed in silence, listening to my Mom apologize to Michael.

"Mary... What the hell was that?" Ross asks me.

I sigh. "Great, you're gonna lecture me too."

He holds my hand and kisses my cheek. "No. I'm just saying, you didn't need to do it."

I pull my hand away from his and stand up. "He deserved that!"

"Mary, please don't yell."

I rub my forehead. "I'm sorry. It's just, Michael has been such a jerk to me. Then he's all nice, and then he dates my Mom. I'm just so confused and mad. I hate that my teacher is dating my Mom, Ross! I want my Mom and dad to get back together." My voice cracks.

"Heyyy... Shhh... It's okay." He assures, pulling me into a hug. My head is against his chest and I can feel vibrating whenever he speaks.

"Mary, don't let it get to you. Okay? You have Michelle, Dennel, and I. We are all here for you."

He kisses my hair and sighs. "You know what would make you feel better?"

I sniffle and look up at him. "What?"

He wipes my eyes. "Pillow fight!!!!!!!!"

I smile as he grabs one of my pillows. "Ross, I'm not in the mood."

"Who said you had to be?"

I give him a confused look as he punches the pillow. "You like that, pillow? Huh? You want a piece of this?" He says as he continues punching the pillow. Now he is slamming it on the bed. "Oh yeah! That's what you get, pillow!"

"What did I ever do to you, Ross?" He makes the pillow say. "EVERYTHING!" He yells. I laugh as he starts biting the pillow.

"Ross, you're gonna ruin my pillow." I giggle.

He continues beating it up as there is a knock on my door.

"Yeah?"

My door opens and standing in the doorway is Michael.

"Um." He scratches the back of his head. "There is someone here to see you."

"Who?"

"Gavin..."

~ To be continued ~

A/N: DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!! XD So I hope you guys like this chapter. If you're wondering... there are 3 parts to the Chaotic Dinner chapters. So the next one will be the final part. What do you think is gonna happen? Let me know! ♡

- Lexy