Chapter 33: The truth revealed

Michael's POV

We just arrived at the hospital. Mary was wheeled into her room while I'm in the waiting room panicking... I almost lost her. I can not lose that girl. She's the only reason why I'm happy. I'll lose my mind if something ever happens to her.

She didn't have any burns, she just had a lot of smoke and chemicals in her lungs... I don't know how serious it is, but I don't want to find out. I just want her to be okay. I think it would be smart if I call Michelle... I have Mary's phone on me so I can contact her and tell her everything that happened. I mean, she's Mary's best friend. It's best that she knows.

I turn on Mary's iPhone, which surprisingly doesn't have a pass code, and unlock it. I look through all of her contacts until I see a, 'Michelle ♥'

It rings two times before she picks up. "Mary?"

I clear my throat. "Um, no... It's Mr. Jackson."

"Mr. Jackson? What are you doing with Mary's phone?"

"Well... There's something I need to talk to you about. It's about Mary."

"Oh my God.. Is she okay? Did something happen to her?"

I sigh. "I don't necessarily know if she's okay..."

"What?! What the heck happened?!"

"She wanted to learn how to drive... So, I thought I would teach her after school. Long story short, we ended up crashing into a tree and getting lost in the woods. I got her out of the car, she wasn't hurt or anything, and I carried her far away from the car when I saw it smoking. The car exploded. then it caught all of the trees on fire so we tried to find a way out. We found a desert, but then I said something to Mary that made her mad... So she went back in the woods and got stuck somewhere. I was looking for her everywhere and I couldn't see because of all the fire and smoke. I saw that there were a lot of fire trucks and ambulances, so I got them to look for her with me. Eventually, we found her. She was running low on oxygen... We got her to the hospital, and now I don't know what's going on."

"Holy shit! I hope she's okay! Oh my God! Thank you for telling me, Mr. Jackson! Listen, I have to go, but please update me when you find out what the deal is! Thank you! Bye."

"Bye." I say before hanging up the phone.

...

Ross' POV

"What?!" I yell into the phone.

"Yeah.. She's in the hospital right now."

"Holy shit! Are you fucking serious?!"

"Dang, calm down on the cuss words."

I sigh. "Sorry... What hospital is she at? I just got back home from San Diego."

"Um.. She's at the one closest to the school. She's there with Mr. Jackson."

"Mr. Jackson? Why is he there?"

"Um... You'll have to ask him about that."

I rub my forehead. "Okay.. Thanks for telling me."

"Yeah, sure. Good luck, Ross. Please tell me if she's okay."

"Yeah, I will. Bye."

...

Michael's POV

15 minutes later

I hear the doctor come in the room and I open my eyes. Did I really fall asleep? That's embarrassing.