Chapter 17: You Can't Save Everyone

Start from the beginning

Quiet is NOT a good thing.

Getting up and turning around, I can see him in the shadows, his cold, dead eyes trying to pierce my very soul with their gaze, red electric arcs jumping up and down his body and through a puddle he's standing in.

Cole.

My breathing turns uneasy, in my mind, I hate the fact that my first instinct when faced by him now is to go in a defensive stance.

(Y/N): "Why are you here, Cole?"

Cole: "I gave you a warning,  didn't I? I said that the next time I saw you, I'd kill you. But this time, I didn't come alone."

Suddenly, an explosion goes off in the distance, followed by screams. Against my better judgment, I turn away from Cole towards the explosion, only to see some kind of lanky pale man(?) ripping a train car open.

(Y/N): "Is that-?!"

Cole: "A Nomu. They may be small fry than the one at The USJ, but they do their jobs."

(Y/N): "What...WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'THEY'?!"

More explosions go off in another direction, more screams. My phone buzzes, a text with a location from Izumi and Endeavor telling me that Hosu is under attack.

(Y/N): "Damn it...Izumi's in trouble!"

Cole: "You're not going anywhere."

Cole: "Time to die, traitor."

————————
Nobody's POV
————————

Cole charged at (Y/N), His electrified arms turning into blades that clashed against (Y/N)'s neon chain sword. Cole slashed like a ferocious animal at (Y/N), electric arm blade narrowly missing and tearing through his coat.

(Y/N), unexpectedly grabbing Cole by the strap around his chest, blasted him point blank with a powerful neon bolt, head butting and kicking Cole away as he jumped off of the building, running towards the location Izumi had sent him. Cole gave chase, gliding along electrical wires and the train track in order to keep up with Neon (Y/N)'s speed, and using long range lightning bolts to try and slow (Y/N) down.

Jumping from the tracks, Cole shot an electric shockwave down at (Y/N), making him fly backwards into a wall, the wall cracking and crumbling from the force. Lining up a shot, Cole attempted to shoot (Y/N) with another bolt, but he was shot in the shoulder by (Y/N)'s own neon beam, a small one shot by his finger. The tiny beam was enough to throw Coles aim off just that tiny bit, the lightning bolt barely missing.

(Y/N): "Alright, That's it..."

Blasting open the wall, (Y/N) climbs into the building, falling into an apartment kitchen. He lit the stove, setting a roll of paper towels on fire and absorbing the smoke just as Cole followed him inside. Cole zapped the lit stove, causing it to explode, (Y/N) smoke dashing out the window as it did.

Landing on the street, Cole jumped from the hole in the wall, coating his entire body in electricity...