6 | first order attack

Start from the beginning

"Favors aren't free." Cel raised a suggestive brow at him.

"Oh, I'll be sure to repay you, handsomely." Poe leaned over to whisper in her ear as he promised her to return the favor.

"What is it?" She laughed as she pushed his face away from her, taking him seriously now.

"The First Order has a tracking device on our lead ship. Finn and Rose have a plan to destroy the tracker to get the First Order off our heels." Poe began to explain.

"What do you need me for?" Celestia seemed lost as to where she fit in the picture.

"We need a code breaker to get through the First Order's shields. And the only person we know is on Canto Bight. I need you to clear them a ship." Poe informed.

"The General would never let me—" Cel began.

"That's why I'm asking you, not her." Poe elaborated.

Cel sighed. "Fine. I'll do it."

* * *

Celestia stood in the control room, watching the projected images for any incoming enemies. The First Order was certainly tracking them. They had just jumped into hyperdrive to move to a deserted location in space, and they were still at their heels. "We're really no where. How's Rey going to find us now?" Finn questioned Leia, worried for his friend.

Leia reached out her arm and shoes him her binary beacon she had strapped on her wrist. It glowed a subtle blue light and quietly beeped at a constant rate. "A cloaked binary beacon." Finn named it.

Leia nodded curtly at him. "To light her way home." She smiled small, realizing the Resistance was the girl's home now.

"All right, so, until she gets back, what's the plan?" Finn turned to Celestia.

"We're looking for a new base. One with enough power to get a distress signal to our allies scattered in the Outer Rim. We're contacting every ally we have nearby, but it's kind of difficult when you're in the middle of no where." Celestia informed him, her eyes trailing away from the monitors.

Suddenly, in that one moment she looked away from keeping watch for any enemies nearing the ship, a loud alarm began to blare. Cel's eyes flickered over to the projections. "Proximity alert!" One of her comrades called out.

Cel groaned and ran her fingers through her hair. "They've found us." She added, suggesting the First Order was at their heels again.

"That's impossible." She heard someone whisper, in disbelief. But, she knew better now that she knew the First Order had a tracker on them. She hadn't had the opportunity to release a ship for Finn and Rose quite yet, but, as the First Order was creeping on them and they were running out of fuel, she was eventually going to be forced to let them go.

Poe hurried over to Celestia as she began to press buttons on the console, calling everyone to their posts. He leaned over to take a peak at the projected images before her. "That's Snoke's ship." He gritted his teeth, angrily. "You got to be kidding me."

Poe grabbed the collar of Celestia's orange jumpsuit that matched his, as it was their uniform as pilots of the Resistance, to pull her attention away from the buttons. "Can we jump to light speed?" He frantically asked, her.

"Don't you think I've already thought about that? We have enough fuel resources for just one jump. Then, we're done for." Cel lowered her voice to a whisper. "And they'll find us wherever we go after that, then we're really screwed."