chapter 13 - their meeting

He stretched out his hand. She looked at his outstretched hand.She was overwhelmed by his presence; she was in a daze.

Why am I tense?

She came back to her senses.

Now the room filled with silence ,the atmosphere heavy; neither did she feel faced nor feel threatened. She straightened her back. Her posture was just right , befitting a big shot like her. She smiled politely .

I can do it!

She pumped her fist in air just to encourage herself; of course only in her mind . She grabbed his hand and shook it. He still remained silent . Not a word of greeting came from his lips. His silence shook her a little.But she regained herself

He withdrew his hand and turned his back on her , as he made strides towards the blue royal wing chair and crossed his legs.

She made her way towards him . Her chin up ,her gaze piercing , her green eyes focusing on the man leisurely leaning on the chair his elbows resting on the arm rest, using one hand to rest his head and the other to hold a magazine .He gave her no mind . Yet she made graceful steps towards him and looked at him waiting for him to tell her to sit. He leaned slightly forward reaching out to the tea cup on the center table before him . His movements were graceful. Her eyes followed his movements as the cup touched his red full lips . Her eyes focused on him ,waiting for his words; but there was no reply. Her legs started to tire but she appeared fine outwards.

Never give away your emotions ; something she learned during her experience as a CEO .

She didn't wait any longer . She broke the silence.

"Good even–"

Before she could finish he spoke up .

"you can sit anywhere you like"

She sat on the soft comfortable couch with her back straight, her arms resting on her lap , feeling relief run through her body.

He searched his inner pockets and took out a buzzer .He pressed it and soon there was a knock on the door .

"come in" he said

"How can I help you?" Someone from the hotel staff came in and asked

"tea or coffee" Mr Bailer asked

"coffee"

"One coffee" he ordered

How can I make him agree with me?
Although their social standing was equal although their companies were on the same level. He seemed different if she had to put one word for her impossible he seemed impossible to her.

I'm not any lower than him

Her aura was dominating, but gentle and warm at the same time but his; his was dominating but it was dangerous .

He put down the cup on the center table .His eyes focused on her. She felt like a prey now; a prey under the watchful eyes of its predator . But she is different. She was still calm and composed .

"why did you want to meet me?". She felt his husky and a bit rough voice was alluring. But she snapped out of it .It wasn't the time to ogle at the male god before her she slapped her cheeks in her mind.

I gotta make this work.

Before she could answer there was a knock on the door and the person before entered the room pushing the door open with his tray . His hands was completely filled .He carefully placed the cup of coffee on the table and held the tray waiting for Bailer's response

"Anything else sir?"

Mr Bailer waved his hand . The man in the uniform left quietly without making a sound. The atmosphere once again became heavy

What brought you here he asked as he once again took a sip

"It's about miss Kim"

His eye brows arched and he gave her a questioning look.

"Who are you talking about?" The tone seemed polite but she understood the menacing tone behind it.

I understand that feeling

She leaned back as she gave off a dominating aura. He looked at her. His deep blue eyes had a hint of surprise to them .

"I went through the same" She took a sip of coffee and placed it on the table gently.

do leave your feedback on the chapter