chapter 10- back to work

"Bye darling!" she sent him off.

"I will be late don't call me," he said as he planted a kiss on her cheeks.

Why would I interrupt your time with her?

She snickered in her heart. She gazed at his silhouette as it disappeared from her sight. She wiped off the kiss as soon as he left. Her eyes filled with disgust.

You are unlovable!

Ha! just stop

She rubbed her temples closing her eyes for a moment. She acted as if nothing had happened. She didn't want to be humiliated for something that's not her fault.

I need to get ready for work.

She loved her job. She dressed up neatly. Her brown eyes looking forward to today. She wore a suit and a short skirt. She looked sharp. She put on a light pink shade lipstick it highlighted her full lips adding more charm to them.

You can do it! she slapped her cheeks lightly. This was her daily routine. She loved to encourage herself before the mirror before work.

"Stella I'm going."

She got into her grey Lexus and started to drive off. The house was soon out of her sight. Now she was in the middle of the road. There were only zooming cars and shops anywhere near her sight.

She glanced at her watch. She was stuck now.

Damn Traffic!

She hated traffic the most well most after d

Danny. Well, but is he even worth it? The traffic cleared she breathed a sigh of relief.

She was a hard worker. The logo Bain and barkers caught her attention. She drove to the parking lot. It was crowded but she already had a reserved space as she was the owner of the company. She parked her car there and got out of it. She shut the door tightly. A corolla came into her view. She waited for the person to get out of the car.

He opened the front door of the car and got out.

"Why are you so late?"

"Sorry, ma'am. I had someone to meet," he said sarcastically. There were equals. A laugh escaped her lips.

"Someone, to meet huh? A girlfriend ?" she nudged him.

"No, just an acquaintance. If I had one I would have never let you stay." He replied.

"Oh, don't be angry. You'll find the right one."

"I already found her."

"Well, are you waiting for an invitation or what? Tell me who is she." She demanded.

"She is too dense " he continued.

She tagged along with Kevin as she made her way to the topmost floor of the building.

"Any new requests?"

"Yeah, you have a lot of paperwork to do." Kevin flashed a mischievous smile on his face.

She didn't like the look of it. That smile for some reason gets under her nerves she felt the urgent need to have a comeback. But she couldn't deny it she really would have a lot to do. Maybe she will have to take work home.

"Would jokes about me married to work spread?"

He gave her his pissed look. But she just smiled back at him

She did her job but not her paper works.

She was soon greeted by a tall lady in her mid-twenties she had a mature aura about her. Everyone stared at the group she was none other than her personal secretary Jane

"Ma'am. Your schedule for today...." she started to list out all the schedule.

"Don't you think you have to greet me before you start listing the schedule?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Gosh, you are too serious. Enjoy life."

"So..." she continued with the list of duties Abbie had to do.

And she had to admit this was pretty hectic. Jane went on about the schedule for long. Long before they reached her office. She felt dizzy seeing all the paperwork on her desk.

"Jane, Jane stop hear me first"

"What is it?" Jane asked, her voice annoyed

"Can you do me a favour?"

"What?"

Where did her respect from earlier go?

"Hmm...can you get some details about miss Kim Miller, Danny's secretary."

"And why would you need it," she asked suspiciously.

"It is important. Her past relationships should be given in detail. And investigate on her past boyfriends. When can you get it?"

"It depends on how motivated you are," Jane said as she pulled up her glasses.

"Miss, if you complete the schedule without a complaint I will look into it."

"It's an order.".Abbie tried her best to appear serious.

"Then I'd rather quit."

Oops

"OKAY OKAY," she threw her hands in the air as she sighed in resignation. The huge stack of paper didn't help either.

Ugh, I don't want to do all this!

Whom can I dump this to...how about Kevin?

"Don't even think about it, madam"

Jane gave a warning glare.