.Ch 1.

Hi, puppies I hope you all enjoy it! ☻
——————————————————
Merlin woke up suddenly and quickly scrambled to his feet. Oh no Arthur's gonna kill me. Merlin thought while changing and rushing out the door.

"Bye Gaius!" He said while going out.

"Bye Merlin, go quick your late!" Gaius chuckled. Merlin grinned skipping to the kitchen then to Arthur's room. The King was not pleased.

"Merlin, you might as well be bringing me dinner at this point." Arthur scoffed.

He whispered "Prat."

"Merlinnn I heard that!" He snapped then began eating his breakfast in silence. "What are you waiting for, you're supposed to be polishing my armor."

"Yes sire," Merlin sarcastically quipped.
Arthur growled in annoyance. With that Merlin rushed to the armory and scrubbed the armor until it was sparkling. Then he hurried over to Arthur because he was already late enough to training. Merlin handed Arthur his armor and with that, he walked over to the knights.

"Merlin, come over we need a live target then ready up the horses for the knights, me, and you. We are going on a hunting trip." Arthur ordered. It had been a while since Morgana and things but everyone agreed that they needed a break.

"Clotpole," Merlin mumbled walking over.

"Idiot." Arthur grinned. Merlin grabbed his shield the knights and Arthur took turns swinging at him he ducked away from Arthur's swing and blocked another one. They continued until a couple of minutes after noon.

"Alright Merlin go get the horses and we'll be on our way." Arthur waited.
"Come on now."
Merlin quickly returned with all the horses and they began to ride off. Merlin's eyes glimmered in the sun as they rode through the forest. As usual, Gwaine began to tell a tavern story Lancelot and Merlin seemed to enjoy it a lot roaring with laughter. Percival was listening closely too. Then the leaves began to rustle and a rabbit sped past Leon precisely shot it with an arrow. Arthur had shot a deer Merlin tried to scare it away but it was too late. Merlin, after all, didn't like to watch animals die.

"Merlin set up camp." Arthur hollered
"Yes, Sire." Merlin mocked. He scurried off on the hunt for firewood and returned with a good bulk of it. He made a fire without the help of magic and tied up the horses. Finally, he laid out the bedrolls and they all plopped down ready for bed.
Gwaine began to tell another tavern story this one involved a girl he went on and on about how the night ended horribly. The knights chuckled.

With a grin, Gwaine curiously asked "So, did any of you ever have a girl? Who was your first," At this Merlin laid down and closed his eyes tightly now was not the time for him to tell everyone what happened. It had been only around a year since Freya...

Leon began "My first Girl was Emily she was a childhood friend of mine but uh... guess we just split paths."

Then Percy went "Mine was Amara she had long black hair and soft green eyes beautiful woman but she moved away."

Lancelot told his story. "I had a girl Lucia she was sweet and kind but she died during a battle." With that the group pat Lancelot on the shoulder. "It was a long time ago I've learned to deal with it." Merlin quickly opened his eyes as he was listening and gave him a sympathetic glance. Elyan frowned at Lancelot's story it was quite sad. They all just went to sleep afterward. Merlin was left alone and awake wrapped up in his thoughts, of Freya, Will, Balinor, all those he had lost. It still hurt and he wasn't sure if it would ever hurt less. I haven't visited Freya in a while and Avalon is right by here. I should pass by maybe just for a little bit... He stood up and silently brushed past the bushes on his way to Avalon. Merlin sat down across the soft grass under a tree watching the lake sparkle underneath the moonlight.

"Hey- Freya sorry I haven't visited you lately. Arthur's been a Prat like usual and didn't give me time to come. I miss you. Here I brought you some st-strawberries." His voice cracked. Suddenly Merlin became very aware of a presence behind him a familiar one. "Hello, who's the-" the person said a spell and with that Merlin's vision began to get blurry and then the person hit him in the head. His neckerchief fell off. With that Merlin was wrapped around by darkness like a blanket that enveloped around him. The person picked him up and took him away. Then Merlin woke up. Gosh, my head hurts. What happened? The memory slowly returned to him. Then he looked down to find his hands in chains.

——————————————————-
.Back at the camp.

Arthur woke up it was around noon. Strange why hadn't Merlin made breakfast or woken them up. Where is that idiot anyway? He thought looking around to see the sleeping knights but no Merlin. Probably just getting firewood or some other Merlin thing. He shrugged. I might as well wait if he doesn't come back in around 15 minutes I'll wake up the knights and we'll look for him. Perfect, plan now I wait I guess. Arthur waited and waited until around 30 minutes passed. Then Percival woke up.

"Good morning Sire." He stretched and sat up. He looked around confused. "Sire where is Merlin?" He asked curiously.

"No idea." Arthur trailed off. He was starting to get worried.

Where are you, Merlin? Come back.

——————————————————

If there are any plot holes, grammatical mistakes or other errors throughout the story let me know so I can fix them. Thanks for your help and support :)

-Anné