Special Chapter - Boys and baby

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" you asked upon their arrival. Just like you had asked, they wore an outfit that they wouldn't mind throwing away after tonight.

Namjoon slipped his hand around your waist. "It'll be fine." he assured, eagerly waiting to take his wife out for a nice and relaxing dinner. It had been such a long time since he was able to do it. Balancing between work and family life has been quite an adjustment for you two, but you wouldn't have it any other way. "They won't break her, I hope."

"Are you sure it's not too late to cancel the dinner reservation? I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of them babysitting."

"Honey, they adore her. I'm sure they can handle a few hours with her."

You sighed in agreement, "You're right. They're not completely useless."

"We can hear you," the maknae called out in annoyance.

"Yeah, and you should be thankful that we agreed in the first place," Seokjin scoffed.

"But you were the one that begged us to let you babysit Jane in the first place," Namjoon retorted. When he told the boys about how he wanted to take you out for dinner, they didn't hesitate to volunteer to look after your 14-month-old daughter. Namjoon wasn't surprised, they all doted after her. The elder, upon hearing that, huffed and looked the other way.

"We'll be fine, hyung," Jimin assured. "Go have fun on your date."

"Yeah, Jimin is right, I'm great with kids." Taehyung added. There was no argument there, kids are naturally attracted to him.

"Alright," you hummed. "She should be waking up from her nap soon. Her food is in the fridge, she'll need to get her diapers changed a few times throughout the night and she likes it when you sing to her. If she grabs your hair, don't yell at her. And if she breaks anything you like, it's all your fault. Got it?"

"Well, I know where she gets that last bit from," Hosoek chuckled. Namjoon shyly looked down at his feet and you kissed his cheek to say it was quite alright that Jane takes after him.

"Call us if there's any problem." Namjoon ordered. The boys saluted and closed the door. On the way over to the restaurant, you couldn't get your mind off of your young daughter at home. It was the first time you would be away from her for so long. After giving birth, you had put all business on hold to spend time with her. You never knew you could love someone as much as you could love Jane, and you never saw Namjoon hold something with such care and cautions before.

"My love, don't worry too much. Let's enjoy tonight with just the two of us." your husband pleaded.

"Sorry, I will."

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Namjoon."

Back at the house, someone was screaming and it was not Jane. In fact, she sat comfortably on her high chair as the boys, one by one, tried to feed her. But with every attempt, she would push the spoon out. And with every spoon that dropped to the floor, the boys would cry. They tried everything, from airplane, to bribing her with candy, she did not want to eat.

"She'll die if she doesn't eat," Taehyung whined.

"And then Y/N will kill us," Jungkook added. For the first time in his life, he was terrified of someone else.

"Okay, maybe she wants to be held," Seokjin suggested. When he tried to pick her up, she would swirm out of his arms. She did this with everyone, except for Yoongi. He held her a few inches from his body, like she was a bomb.

"What am I supposed to do with this thing?" he asked.

"It's called a baby hyung, and I believe you're supposed to care for it." Hoseok answered. Jane's hand went up and Yoongi dodged as she tried to grab his hair. He heard from Namjoon how strong her grip can be and was fearful for his scalp. While she was in Yoongi's arms, the boys made another attempt to feed her, this time with much more success. Though she did drop a few spoonfuls on Yoongi's shirt, he figured that was why you warned against wearing anything designer. Jane was cheerful again after being fed. But their work wasn't finished there. They needed to shower her and change her diaper.

It was all hands on deck as they tried to wash her. Being energetic and clumsy, Jane splashed water whenever the opportunity presented itself. Her uncles were soaking by the end of it. They couldn't get mad, she had her appa's dimples that they couldn't resist. To decide who would put the diaper on her, they did what a democratic republic would, rock-paper-scissor. Seokjin lost, but they all became the losers because he needed the rest of them to hold Jane down.

Once that endeavor was done, the boys all relaxed on the couch as Taehyung played with her. They never thought a baby would drain all of their energy to this extent.

"That was harder than any workouts I've ever done," Jungkook exhaled.

"I'm never having kids," Yoongi declared. They enjoyed the silence for another couple of minutes, until they smelled a stench in the air. All at once, their eyes widened and landed on the giggling baby, she knew she was guilty.

"Not it!" they all yelled and unfortunately, Yoongi was too late.

"Fuck," he mumbled.

"Don't curse in front of her, hyung," Hoseok said.

"Shut up!" Yoongi snapped. At the sound of his yelling, Jane pouted her lips and started wailing.

"Now you've done it," Seokjin yelled. They all got to the ground and tried to comfort her. Yoongi did his duty by making funny faces, all of which Jane was afraid of. In the end, he let her grab his hair while Jimin changed her diaper. Yoongi hid the tears. The night never ended.

As soon as the car came to a stop, you darted to the front door. Opening it, you were relieved that nothing had been burned down and everything was still in tact. Your eyes scanned the room for any sign of life. 6 bodies laid scattered around the floor of the living room. Jane was wide awake, playing with her toys peacefully on top of Jungkook's back.

You rushed to her, picking her up and smothering her with kisses. "My baby, did you have fun with your uncles?"

She nodded in response. "Woah," Namjoon exclaimed as he entered the house and observed the casualties. He bent down to kiss his daughter, then checked for pulses. "All alive," he reported.

"Was it hard?" you asked.

"Yeah," they all mumbled.

"Do you want to do it again?"

".......yeah," they answered. All except one.

Namjoon tilted his head, poking the man's puffed-up cheek, "Yoongi hyung?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," the man grunted, his head was still throbbing. "She's lucky she's cute."