Chapter 2

Before the doors opened...

"I'm bored," Taehyung whined, kicking his legs in the air as he laid down on the red leather couch. He grew tired of finishing the painting a governor had requested.

"Then go to class," Yoongi said, eyes closed on the adjacent couch. The sentence felt funny to him because he would never go to class, even if his life depended on it. He just needed the piano and that was good enough. His parents wouldn't understand, but he doesn't need them to.

"I can't, hyung. You know I have to finish the painting for the governor." Taehyung reminded, yellow paint scattering his coat and face like a mosaic. "This guy has no taste. I can't believe he's wasting my talent a vase of sunflowers."

"Then why are you doing it?" Jimin asked, stretching his legs by the full mirrored wall. He had a recital coming up and for the first time ever, his father will clear his schedule to attend. Jimin specifically asked the school to reserve a seat on the VIP balcony just for him. He had been practicing day and night, he needed to be perfect.

"My parents are making me," Taehyung answered. It wasn't the first time his parents had used his art skills to gain business deals. The governor promised to be easy on them for their next international money transaction, and by that, it means he'll let it slide if their taxes won't add up. "He's paying 10 million won for it."

"That's lower than your usual rate, hyung. You're slacking." Jungkook taunted. He was so fully immersed in his game, Taehyung was surprised he even heard a word coming out of his mouth. At the same time, Jungkook was also a fighter, training under his grandfather who's the head of the police of the country. He hears everything.

Taehyung smirked, "He also let me borrow his yacht for the weekend, the one with fireworks. And now you're not invited." Upon hearing that, the maknae paused his game and lunge at the painter like a puppy.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean it, please let me go on the yacht," he begged, his eyes growing and sparkling. It was enough to make his hyung raise his hands in defeat.

"I literally can never say no to you," Taehyung sigh. "Now get off me so I can paint."

"A yacht huh?" the eldest repeated while fixing the rose vase above the piano. "That sounds nice. And it'll complement my face quite well, don't you think?" What was he saying? It will be his face who shines brighter than even the ocean under the sunlight. His mother had won multiple beauty pageants after all, including the title of Miss Universe, it was natural that nothing can compare to his beauty and grace.

"Yes, hyung. Your face goes with everything," Hoseok agreed. He tossed the tennis ball into the air and catching it. He couldn't exactly practice this inside the music room, he couldn't risk hurting Yoongi's piano or breaking Jungkook's game. When he looked at it closer, it was nothing like a music room. More like a lounge for young bored teenage boys with thick velvet curtains, sleek black marble floor, a glass chandelier, a fully stocked liquor bar. Young, bored, rich teenage boys.

But Hoseok needed to get the practice in for his championship soon. His mother, the tennis gold medalist, will be watching. Every time the ball came up, he wished it would disappear. He couldn't help but stare at Jimin, and longing to one day be in front of that mirror.

"But seriously, it's been forever since we had any fun." Taehyung pouted once more.

"We went to a club just like night," Seokjin pointed out.

"That's not the fun I was talking about. I mean like a game."

"A game?" Jungkook perked up.

"I think it's time for our annual game, don't you think?" he declared. Yoongi opened his eyes at the mention of their yearly tradition, already feeling tired. Last year, they held a fake chest tournament and the winner was going to be granted a wish by them. In the end, the poor girl had to shave her head from Taehyung's terrible dye job. And her parents couldn't press any charges because of his family's influence.

"What do you have in mind, Tae?" Hoseok asked. Taehyung pondered on that for a while, then a lightbulb flashed in his brain.

"You know our class president right?"

"You mean the coldhearted corpse?" Seokjin inquired. "Of course, I feel chills every time her name is mentioned."

"Don't call Y/N that," Jimin urged. "She's just different from us. And we've messed with her enough already."

"Oh, there it is, chills." Seokjin shuddered.

"What about her?" Yoongi questioned.

"Why don't we see which one of us we can make her fall in love with and that person wins the Bugatti my parents gave me for my birthday?"

"Then what will you drive?" Jungkook asked.

"I have like 5 others." Taehyung shrugged. "But what do you say?"

A book closed somewhere, and everyone turned their heads to the wall of books. A shadow stood up and approached the rest of the group. The way he walked was enough for them to be sure that he was their leader, with confidence and charisma. His long blonde hair sitting neatly on his shoulders. "I think that's a great idea, Taehyung," he praised as he ruffled the young one's hair.

"I knew you would approve, Namjoon hyung." Taehyung beamed.

"But I do think that if we all go after her, she will get suspicious. How about we change the rules to just one person and see if they fail or succeed?" Namjoon suggested with playful eyes.

"I guess that works too," Taehyung nodded. "But who?"

"I think Namjoon should do it," Yoongi answered. "He's equipped with traits that are more normal than the rest of us."

"Thanks?"

"I agree," Jungkook added. "He has a way of persuasive charm. I think he'll succeed."

"You're just saying that because you're in love with him," Seokjin remarked. The maknae stuck his tongue out and Seokjin threw his slippers at him.

Namjoon chuckled, "I appreciate that Jungkook. I will take on the challenge if everyone approves it. And if there's anyone who disapproves, too bad, I already called dibs on her."
"When?" Hoseok asked.

"You know when," Namjoon stated. They do. It was freshman year after the students cheating scandal. That was when Namjoon first noticed you and had kept you within his peripheral at all times. He hated that you were messing with his ecosystem. Now, after 2 years, the chance had finally come for him to toy with you and no better time than senior year. Breaking you would be his greatest achievement.

"What will you do after she falls in love with you?" Jimin asked.

"Dump her," Namjoon laughed.

Hoseok nodded. Young, bored, rich, and cruel. That was who they are, the boys of the music room.