Chapter 2- The Present

Start from the beginning

Where is here? FRANCE. The city of love. At least I felt loved here in this beautiful city. I didn't need to be reminded of what I left behind in Seoul.

It was a few months since I started living in Paris when I found out that I was expecting. It shocked me to my core...

Not only will I remember HIM through Ella but also bring 2 innocent souls to the world. Yes, I had the twins when I was moving on. It was a hard process.

Ah, my twins. My babies. I could never say thank you enough to God for giving me these spitfires.

They are a year younger than Ella

They are a year younger than Ella. And very energetic indeed. Let me tell you, raising three kids is tough especially because I was living away from family and away from home.

My only boy- Jihyun or Sky as people would call him is older by 7 minutes. He is very protective with his sisters and surely a ladies' man when he grows. I can already tell.

Sky is quiet and gets very shy around people. He is usually in the corner reading books. He hates crowds. He is exactly like HIM except that he is living and very funny when he wants to be.

The total opposite to my Jia or Lia as many know. Lia is very outgoing and adventurous. She's loud and likes to talk to many people. I swear the kid can start a conversation and she's very good in the arts. She idolizes Ella a lot.

All in all, my little family was what I really needed at that time. They were my light.

I sometimes wish our story was a different case. One in which we were a Happy family but live never gives you exactly what you want right?

Going back to th situation at hand.

"Mom? Are you really going to work now? " Ella said.

"Yes honey. I need to. Don't worry. Mrs. Steinberg will be here to accompany you while I'm out. Be good ok? Take care of the twins. Will you?" I looked into Ella's eyes.She nodded.

" Oh and Ella. I do not want a repeat of last week's mayhem ok? You almost destroyed the kitchen. Do you understand me young lady?"

She just smirked at me. This kid really. Acting like her father sometimes. Tsk.

"Yes Mom. I promise." And she hugged me and gave me a wide toothy grin. Oh my sweet little lady!

I faced the twins.

"And you two, behave ok? Listen to Unni ok? Be good. I love you guys so much. " I patted their heads and gave them a kiss.

"I love you Mommy. Come back soon. " Lia spoke while hugging me tightly.

Sky was just staring at us. And then he gave me the biggest bear hug I could possibly have. Such a cutie I tell you!

I left the house and went to work.

I am a chef at a fine dining restaurant here in Paris. It's called THE PENINSULA. It's famous. I have been working here alongside my sister- Rose. She is also a famous chef.

My sister has been a huge part of my decision to leave

My sister has been a huge part of my decision to leave. She was very supportive and very persistent in us starting anew. My parents knew about us leaving and they hid our location from everyone especially HIM. I still keep in touch with them every single day about our whereabouts. My parents love and adore my kids. That is why they are hiding information about us.

At THE PENINSULA

As I entered, I was greeted by my adorable older sister Rose.

"Good morning Lili! " In a sing song manner.

"Someone woke up on the right side of the bed. Tell me Ro, did you get a good night's rest?" I asked teasing her.

"Yes, I did sleep perfectly. I always do."

"It is wrong that I wanna smack that smile on your face right now?  " My comeback to her smirk.

"Oh my darling Lilibear! Why so grumpy? Tell me, did you not get laid last night? " I gasped smack her shoulder.

"OMG! Will you just shut up? Really? It's too early for your nasty thoughts Ro. Sometimes, I just wanna cover your mouth with duct tape to shut you up. Too vulgar! " I exclaimed.

"Ouch! You are so violent. And what is wrong with what I said? We are adults now. You have kids so it's normal to say such things. Live a little sissy!" She laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world. Gosh!

I left her in her own bubble and decided to start a long day at work. After all, this restaurant isn't just my workplace. It's my other baby.

Me and Ro worked hard to put up THE PENINSULA for ourselves. It was our dream. And I thought to myself. My life is totally Ok with or without HIM.