I laugh and she tosses a pillow at me. I take the pillow and get onto the bed opposite the princess, crossing my legs.

"Hey I got this new hair set, can you braid?" Charlotte puts a glass box off the table and onto the bed in between us.

"Yeah, of course." I say and her smile widens, her eyes lighting up with excitement. She gets up and shuffles to sit behind me, putting her arms around me to hold 2 different hair pieces in front of my face.
There were long pieces of silk, one purple and pink and one light and dark blue.

"I'll do your hair first. Which one?" She asks, bopping the silks up and down in front of my face for me to choose.

I tug on the blue one, "This one goes with my outfit."

Charlotte nodded behind me, "It suits you, matches your eyes."
She started by parting my hair and started braiding it, weaving the silk in and out of my brown hair strands.
"So how's things going with my brother and you? Good I assume." Charlotte asks casually, continuing on my hair.

"Yeah, we're fine." I say with a shrug.

"You know, I've never seen my brother so worried about someone, other than me, before. He ran in here after you were taken to the hospital wing and he was really upset. He didn't go on any dates or do anything really while you were unconscious." Charlotte explained and it made my heart swell happily.

"Really?" I ask and Charlotte moves onto the second side of my braid, getting the second silk piece of fabric to twist in.

"Yeah, I tried talking to him, telling him to try and take his mind off it you know. Distract him in case something really bad did end up happening to you." Charlotte went quiet for a minute but then tried to remain positive.

"But you're ok now and that's what matters." Charlotte said and I could hear the smile come back into her voice as she continued on my hair.

"Yeah, thank goodness." I say, trying to play it off cool, trying to seem unaffected by it all.

"Are you alright to be in your room tonight?" Charlotte asks and it makes me stiffen slightly against her.

I hadn't thought about that, I didn't want to even try to go in my room again. It felt like a crime scene at the minute with the mess and security.

"Hey, Izzy, you could stay here, or I could get another room organised for you. There's plenty of spares with some of the other girls gone." Charlotte offers, finishing my hair and moving to sit facing me again.

"No, I don't want to bother you." I say, waving her off.

"It's no trouble, I can get Thomas to sort something out for you." Charlotte says and pulls a phone from the nightstand, quickly texting her brother and putting it back down again.

"Thank you for the help Charlotte, now let me do your hair." I say, wanting to busy myself with other thoughts.

She moves around again to be in front of me and passes me the glass box where I shuffle through all the hair silks.

I use the purple and pink silks for the princess's hair and neatly try and do the first side so it looks decent. The first side comes out ok and I move to the second.

"You know it's safe here, right?" Charlotte's asks in the softest whisper and I hear her voice waver.

I stay silent, unsure how to answer after the scare I've been through. I know no one's physically attacked me, but knowing they've been in my private space and deliberately tried to frighten me is scary.

"Right?" Charlotte turns to face me once my grip on her hair loosens and her eyes widen.

I only then realised I had started crying and try to wipe my face of my tears.

"Izzy, let me get you some water." Charlotte quickly hops up and moves to the bathroom and stand up off the bed, leaning my weight against one of the posts.

Charlotte returns with a glass of water as the door to her room opens.
I don't see who it is but I recognise the voice, melting into him as he reaches me.

"Bells, hey." The prince pulls me into him, allowing me to lean my weight against him as I cry into his chest.

We don't need words and I find comfort in his warm embrace.

I see Charlotte over her brothers shoulder as she puts the water down on the table and looks over at us, her hair only half finished in the braid.

I whimper into Prince Thomas's chest.
"Tom, I'm scared."