2. Nice To Meet You

John Laurens' POV

After what seems like forever, I'm finally back at my old dorm room, It's good to be back. For Summer break I had to go back home in Charleston with my abusive father. When I was 15, I came out as gay to my father and ever since that he has been calling me profanities and beating me until I can be the good straight son that his father desperately wanted. He refuses to accept that I'm gay, but that stops as I'm on the other side of the country away from him, and I'm in my junior year. I have a new roommate as my old roommate, Charles Lee, wanted to change dorms. I insert my golden key for room '176', and I happily push open the familiar old oak wood door, at first I thought no one was in here until I see my supposed roommate leapt out of our bedroom like a little kid.

I looked at him in awe; he had pretty long, straight chocolate brown hair with faint hints of ebony black present that hung in a short ponytail. His hair looked perfect, slicked back neatly without a single loose strand of hair. I couldn't say the same for my hair; his hair was just so mesmerising and elegant. His eyes were stunning, to me they looked like a mid-tone poop brown, but they were so dreamy, I could get lost in them forever! This kid was barely 165 cm tall, he's so short, and it's the cutest thing ever, I'm almost a head taller than him, and he was extremely slim, borderline healthy, he looked malnourished, but despite that, he looked quite muscular, though his body shape was quite feminine. This guy wore a plain white button-up shirt that looked very formal. I noticed that his cuffs were folded over a few times to cater for his short twig-like arms. He also wore a pair of nice black jeans that made him look beautiful! His legs were long and beautiful, and they were perfect for sports, it's odd considering how short he is. He wore a simple pair of black converse shoes that were nothing special but looked good, so they were noticeable to me. I just stare at his beautiful, cute face, his lovely charming smile, damn this kid is super hot, he's just so amazing... I felt my cheeks begin to burn up, and I feel myself begin to blush, how can I have a crush on my roommate that I just met, love at first sight doesn't exist right? I quickly and slyly check him out before he breaks the silence.

"Hi, I'm Alexander Hamilton but you can just call me Alex! What's your name, roommate?" He asked, stepping towards me for a handshake.

"I-I'm John Laurens, nice to meet y-you!" I responded nervously, trying to sound cheerful. I took a step forward and shook his hand; it was warm and soft.

"Cool! I've already set up my stuff in the bedroom. We can swap sides if you want to!" Alex said happily, "I'll just be in here!".

I just nodded in response before I quickly hauled my stuff into the bedroom and I noticed that he didn't take the side that I like, that's convenient... I began to set up my side of the bedroom, god, why did I have to be given such a beautiful roommate, shame that he's probably straight.

Alexander Hamilton's POV

I look at the door to see the cutest man alive standing in it, wow. This man had beautiful dark ginger curls with hints of light brown blended into his hair, and it gently rested on his little shoulders that bounced whenever he took a step, and he tied up in a cute low ponytail. I noticed that a part of his dark ginger hair was separated from the ponytail that he began to twirl around his index finger, it was so adorable and cutesy. He had gorgeous piercing light green eyes that had faint light ash brown highlights mixed in that gave his eyes an almost ombre-like effect, and it was mesmerising. His rosy cheeks and nose were covered in tiny little brown freckles like stars in a clear summer night sky, his cheeks flushed red which only made him look cuter. Just from one look, I can tell that he's at least 180 cm, but he didn't seem as muscular as most males his height, but I don't mind that, he's still hot as hell! He was wearing a baggy plain black sweater. It looked like it was probably made for him due to the lack of branding present, he paired it with what seemed to be a pair of fake dark navy blue jeans with actual pockets, they looked perfect on him, like damn. He wore a pair of black and white converse shoes, they looked worn, so I could conclude that those were his favourite pair of shoes. I can't stop staring at him. He's just so adorable and good-looking, he's as cute as a button and as sweet as sugar, he's so beautiful! He is super attractive, but I bet he's straight and taken, a man as hot as him is most likely straight and taken... I decide to break the silence and stop checking him out.

"Hi, I'm Alexander Hamilton but you can just call me Alex! What's your name, roommate?" I asked, stepping towards him for a welcoming handshake.

"I-I'm John Laurens, nice to meet y-you!" he responded nervously. 

That was so cute! He took a step forward and shook my hand, it was tender and smooth.

"Cool! I've already set up my stuff in the bedroom. We can swap sides if you want to!" I said happily, "I'll just be in here!".

He still had a pale red blush dusted on his cheeks, he just nodded as a response before he quickly hauled his stuff into the bedroom and he began to set up his side of the room. How have I been given such a beautiful roommate? I decided just to chill and watch some random movie on TV, I don't understand the plot, but it's kind of funny to watch. I sat down on the old red couch, it's not very comfortable, the material is quite rough, and it has a few rips in it. Then I hear my name get called out, I hear, "Alex, I need your help!", I assume that it is John's voice, so I get off of the couch, and then I navigate my way to the bedroom. I opened the door to see John desperately trying to pull the mattress protector over the mattress.

"I can't put this on, can you help me please?" John asked weakly.

"Yeah sure, I'd love too, I'll teach you how to!" I replied cheerfully.

He handed me the mattress protector, and I put it down on my bed and moved his bed over, closer towards mine, so there was a gap between the wall and the bed. I picked up the mattress protector, and I unfolded the mattress protector and passed two of the corners to John, and together we put it on the together, then we made his bed. It's clear to me that John had never made a bed before, what was his lastname again? Laurens... I think his father's a lawyer in South Carolina... Anyway, after that I watch him unpack all of his stuff, he pulls out some blue spiral notebooks, a little red rectangle pencil case, a tablet for art, a new MacBook for schoolwork. I think that I should get to know him, it's only polite after all, and we will be sharing a room for the rest of the school year, so it's best to try to become friends.

"So, John, what do you like to do? How old are you? What year are you in? What are you studying?" I asked, realising that it seemed like a mouthful.

He looked at me for a moment before saying, "I like drawing and reading, I'm 20, turning 21 at the end of next month, I'm a junior, and I'm studying marine biology, history and law!" he seemed to dislike saying 'law', "What about you Alex?".

"Oh, I like writing, reading and listening to show tunes, I'm 19, turning 20 in January, I'm also a junior because I'm in the accelerated course and I'm studying law, literature and history!" I answered politely.

"You like to listen to show tunes?!" John yelled, his eyes lit up like lightbulbs, he had stars in his eyes.

"Yes! I adore 'Miranda'. It is the best musical ever!" I exclaimed.

We started a deep conversation about musicals, and we discussed the songs we love. I listened to John go on a tangent about how much he loves 'Miranda' and how he thinks that Anthony Ramos and Lin-Manuel were in a secret relationship. Meanwhile, I just passively listened to him. I got lost in his dreamy green eyes. We ramble on for hours until we realise that it's 6:30 pm and the school is serving a 'welcome dinner' for the start of this new school year that all students should attend. We leapt off of John's bed, and then we dashed out of our dorm room and fled down the spiral staircase, skipping down the vintage steps, and then we followed the hordes of other students rushing to get to the cafeteria in time for the 'welcome dinner'.