Chapter 20: Forever End-eavour

Monday morning had come around slower than anyone had anticipated. There really was supposed to be a math test for both Ms. Dulin's morning and afternoon classes, but on the account of Dulin getting arrested Friday afternoon, the test was postponed at the last minute to next Monday.

All the students and even the teachers at Kalimity, knew Dulin had been arrested, but no one knew why until the news of it and its upcoming trial started circulating on Sunday evening throughout various news channels and social media sites.

News of the arrests and another trial regarding Kite, Bel and Hozei, had been released earlier -- Saturday evening -- and by Saturday night the whole town had known. The three were also immediately expelled from Kalimity High, and Moreover had made adamantly it clear to their parents, that there was no room for any sort of negotiation.

Directly after their arrests, the police had conducted a thorough an uncompromising search and investigation of Kalimity, and ended up uncovering a number of other students that had purchased the drug from the three, including at least three others on the cheerleading team, and five others on the soccer team.

Sun and Mace had spent the rest of their Friday, and much of their Saturday at the police station acting as key witnesses. Neither had agreed to testify in court after Detective Quartz -- they had finally learned his name -- had told them that they had found at least four other people willing to do it instead, in exchange for lesser consequences. It was also miraculously arranged that the evidence on Sun's phone be used in court anonymously, and Sun was more than happy to permanently surrender the device, he never again wanted a reminder of that awful day.

Serena was quite upset that no one had told her about the plan to expose Kalimity's apparent drug-trafficking scandal -- partly because she had wanted to be part of it -- but the feeling passed when Ver-sion came over Saturday night, and gave her a big bear-hug.

Aivie had gotten a short call from her parents early Sunday morning. Without any greetings, they asked her if she was in any way involved with the drug scandal at the school. Aivie replied with a convincing 'no', and so neither party saw a reason for the conversation to go on any further.

Despite doing it for a moral cause, and never actually planning to consume any of the drug, Mace was grounded for a month, and could not go anywhere except for school and practice, and would have limited visitations with his friends. The four tried to rally for his freedom, but the Verdant's were much too stubborn. And Mace wasn't too peeved by that outcome, so as long as Cassandra's name was no longer in the mud, he had no regrets of his role in the plan to expose the trio.

And now, during lunch time, Moreover had called down Sun, Colette and Aivie to his office. Coach Kiddman, and Mrs. Maran were already there when they arrived. Maran was about the same height as Kiddman, which was to say that many of The Jills were taller than her.

"Have a seat please, all of you," Moreover said as he gestured to the three soft chairs before his desk. The three solemnly did as instructed. "So, how are you all doing, since everything that's happened last Friday?"

"Shitty," Aivie blurted. She had taken the middle seat, so she was in an unprotected position when both Sun and Colette lightly kicked her ankles. "Sorry, I meant devastated."

"But slowly feeling better by the day," Sun added.

Moreover nodded. "Good to hear. I'll get to it then. I'm sure you know by now that Bel White, Hozei Fletcher and Kite Ceroz, have been expelled from this school."

The three nodded.

"And, needless to say, they've also been removed from their Captaincy and Presidency. As you may also know, five students were suspended and taken off the soccer team, and three other students were suspended and taken off the cheer-leading team."