Chap 21 - A Stalker and Another Pet

Start from the beginning

"We have to get out of here!" Nick yelped, running at us full speed.

Zoë whipped around to face him, "You followed us?" 

Nick whimpered, "We don't have time-"

Suddenly, a large mound of golden fur leapt through the doors. The Nemean Lion. It seemed intent on killing Nick, and bolted towards him. I leapt out of the way, and ran to Bianca and Zoë, unsheathing my swords.

"You remember how to defeat it, right?" I asked hastily.

Zoë nodded, "But first, I want to see how the sea-spawn handles this."

I turned, just in time to see Nick charge straight to Nemean Lion, and swing his sword at its' leg. The sword bounced harmlessly off of the lion's impenetrable fur. Nick looked at the sword, clearly surprised, while the lion only looked at im with boredom. Nick's face filled with rage, and he swung again, and again, until the sword eventually broke.

I turned back to Zoë, "Happy?"

She looked at Nick curiously, "How stupid is he?"

I shrugged, "You'd be surprised."

The Nemean Lion grew tired of Nick, and batted him away with a giant paw. Nick went flying, and crashed into the nearest wall. 

I had to contain my laughter, "Annabeth! In the gift shop, bring as much space food as you can carry!"

She looked at me, confused, but trusted my judgement. She bolted from the room, leaving us to hold the lion off until she returned. It didn't take long, and soon Nico and I both had armfuls of the space food. We began throwing them at the lion, and Annabeth looked at me strangely.

"Just watch." I told her, just as managed to land the food in the lion's mouth. It began hacking and coughing, choking on the horrible flavor. 

Zoë and Bianca took the chance to let their arrows fly, hitting the exposed flesh of the lion's mouth. Annabeth's eyes widened in realization, just as the lion began to disintegrate. 

"So that's what you wanted it for? How did you know that would work?"

I grinned at her, "A wizard never reveals his secrets."

She rolled her eyes, "Stop with that weird line, you're not a wizard."

I turned to what was left of the Nemean Lion, "Says you." Looking closer at the lion pelt, I noticed something. Something was underneath, something alive. I removed the pelt, to reveal a small lion cub, with sharp claws and teeth.

 I removed the pelt, to reveal a small lion cub, with sharp claws and teeth

~THE IMAGE SHOWN IN THE ORIGINAL~

"Awww, it's so cute!" Bianca cooed, "Can I keep him? Please? Plllleeeeaaaaasssseeee?"

Zoë shrugged, "I don't see why not."

I caved, "Alright, sure."

Bianca squealed in delight, and stood to give us both a kiss on the cheek. Zoë's face turned a bright pink, and she turned away, flustered. 

Bianca cradled the cub in her arms, smiling happily, while Nico looked at her oddly. I smiled, and shook my head. I picked up the pelt, and it immediately transformed into a leather jacket. Not really my thing, I'll give it to Thalia later. In the meantime, there's no reason to let it go to waste.

Not a minute later, Nick woke up, and saw me wearing the leather jacket. 

He stalked up to me, "Hey! That was my kill!"

I shoved him away, "Please, your kill? you were sleeping on the job, like always!"

Annabeth looked like she wanted to yell at Nick, too, but was cut off by the group of zombies coming through the door.

I shot another glare at Nick, "I'm not done yelling at you."

With that, we bolted. The zombies chased us for a while, but we snuck into a subway,and got on a train. We switched trains a few times, to be safe. After what felt like days, I spotted a train called 'Sun West'.

I nudged Zoë, "We'll take that train west." She nodded in agreement, and we all boarded the train. We encountered 'Fred', who gave us some advice, but it was mostly for Nick.

~TIME SKIP~

We arrived in the junkyard of the gods.

"Remember, do not take anything, it's cursed." Zoë reminded us. We nodded in understanding, and entered the junkyard.

We nearly made it to the exit, but the ground seemed to not want us to leave. It shook and rumbled with such force I thought it would crack open. 

I turned to face the group, and my eyes landed on Nick. He was trying, and failing, to conceal a rather large and flashy golden sword behind is back.

"Zoë told you not to take anything!" I shouted.

His face turned red, "It's only a sword. Besides, it was only a rumble. So-"

He cut off when the golden mound in front of us rose, revealing the great, defected Talos. Exactly what I need.

Nick frowned, "I got this." He bolted to the robot.

I rolled my eyes, his stupidity amazes me. "I have to do this, Percy," Bianca's voice came from behind me.

I shook my head, "No, you don't."

With a snap of my fingers, I teleported everyone to the other side of the junkyard. Everyone except myself. With a final look at the group, I bolted to the underside of Talos' foot, and climbed to the control panel. 

I didn't know what anything did, so I did something else. I summoned some greek fire, and blast it onto the controls. With that, the robot exploded, and I was thrown into the air.

The last thing I saw before blacking out was the land, flying below me at incredible speeds.

Please remember to vote in the last chapter! I'll need the votes by tomorrow!