Somehow, at that moment the gods decided to take mercy on us because Windshear returned with fish, water, and most importantly...

The medical bag.

Stormfly quickly stole the bag off of Windshear and gave it to Heather. But, when they looked at Astrid they realized something...

"Stormfly! She stopped breathing!"

"Quick! Try to make her lungs work again! Push on her stomach or something!" Stormfly yelled at me.

I started pushing on Astrid's stomach and then remembered what Valka had taught me. She called it CPR or something. (I'm not going to explain this part because I'm pretty sure everyone knows what CPR is and if you don't that's okay cause it isn't important.)

I got Astrid breathing by herself again after a few stressful minutes and I was finally able to start healing the cut.

I finally finished, "Thank the gods!"

"Agreed!" Windshear and Stormfly said together.

For the next two days, I gave Astrid drops of water every ten minutes. Windshear and Stormfly took turns fishing.

I was starting to be afraid that Astrid would never wake up.

Then as I was drifting off to sleep I heard a quiet, parched voice, "Where am I?"

"Astrid!" My shout woke up Stormfly and Windshear.

I started handing Astrid dried fish and cups of water.

"Thank you."

After she finished Astrid tried to stand up, "OW!! Why does that hurt?"

"Well... I don't know what happened, but you had a very big cut on your side."

She looked at it, "Oh yeah. That. Tell me everything that happened since you rescued us."

"Well, you fell unconscious in Stormfly's talons, likely from blood loss. Then we got back here and I sent Windshear to find food and she ended up taking the medical bag with her by accident. I found that you had that cut. We waited for Windshear to get back to heal it, but then you stopped breathing so I did that CPR thing Valka taught us. And then the last two days I just gave you drops of water every ten minutes. So, pretty scary. You were so close to dying, gods above!"

"Wow! So how long was I unconscious for?"

"About three days."

"Do you have any more food?"

I smiled, "Plenty."

3 weeks later

Darkstar's POV

I was watching Delta fly around when she suddenly froze. I read the fear in her eyes.

"Darkstar! Promise you'll stay with me the whole time?"

"Now!?" She quickly nodded. "Okay. Let's get you to the nest."

We flew slowly and steadily towards our cave.

*flashback*

"Darkstar... I need to tell you something."

"You know you can tell me anything, Delta."

She nodded slowly as if she was unsure.

"I-I don't know how to tell you this. I-I mean w-we never talked about it. A-and now it's happening. And I-I'm scared you-you'll leave m-me."

I cocked my head to the side, "Why would I ever do that?"

"Be-because... I'mwithegg."

"What?"

"I-I'm... with egg."

She looked down at her feet.

"You know you're cute when you do that."

She was so startled that she immediately looked at me in confusion.

"B-but, aren't you m-mad?"

"And why would I be mad?"

"Be-because you d-don't want to start a family with me. I-I thought th-that you'd h-hate me." She said in a voice that was barely audible.

That left me stunned. "I knew it. I knew it was too good to be true."

She turned to take off, "Delta, this is the best thing that had ever happened to me. Starting a family with you. I wouldn't want to with anyone other than you. Because, Delta, you are the best thing that was ever mine."

She turned back to me, tears in her eyes and ran into my wings.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you, too."

*end of flashback*

Delta's scream broke me from the flashback, "I need to land!"

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure! You think I wouldn't be sure about this?" She did a doubletake on what she just said and muttered an apology.

"No, it's okay. It's, my bad I should have realized you'd be sure about this."

We flew down to the nearest empty stack.

After finding a cave just big enough to fit Delta and our eggs. I couldn't go in so I stood guard.

An hour of painfilled roars later, which had me flattening my ears against my head, Delta finally carried two eggs out of the cave in her arms because she was now human, "Two? Wow!"

"No, Muttonhead! There's four!"

"How are we going to move them all?"

"I'm putting these two back with the others, turning back into a dragon and you are going to get four saddlebags. Make sure they are strong and have no rips or tears in them or I'll make you do a second trip."

A/N

Just out of curiosity and because I was talking about this at the beginning of the chapter:

What is your favourite season and why?

Or are you like me and Mist and like all the seasons?

I like all the seasons because:

Winter: Snow. I love snow. And ice. And Skiing and Speed Skating (yes I speed skate) and tobogganing. I love its untamable beauty and the way the wind feels on my face when standing at the top of a mountain before skiing down a run.

Spring: I love the rebirth of the earth. I love the rain and flowers. I love how the trees grow new leaves. And it's soccer season! Yay!

Summer: I love that the water is the perfect temperature for swimming. I love taking the summer off and camping. I love seeing all the wildlife. And playing soccer. Did I mention camping? And canoeing. But camping!

Fall/Autumn (whichever you prefer, personally I like big words so I like Autumn better although I always say Fall.): I love the reds and oranges and yellows of the leaves. I love the briskness when it is the perfect temperature to wear sweaters. I love Hallowe'en (candy is awesome). And I love camping for Hallowe'en. Did I say that I love camping already?

Honestly, it is awesome having all the seasons. (Mother Nature never lets you get bored)

Really just felt like I should tell you some of my likes and dislikes. 👍