Philosphers... What?

**Harry's POV**
The night after last, only Emi and I went to the mirror. We sat in awe at the sight of the people we've longed to know our entire lives. And there they were- right in front of us.

"Harry, Emilia," a soft voice rang from behind us. My eyes widened in fear at the sight before us. There he stood- the head of the entire school, Headmaster Dumbledore.

Oh no...

Emilia and I stood, looking down at our feet in fear. Was he going to expel us? Was he going to send a letter to the Dursley's? Were we going to have to go back to our awful way of life?

"Relax, children," Dumbledore spoke, calmer than we'd expected. "You're not in trouble." We looked at him, shell shocked.

"W-we're not?" I stammered.

"No. Though I advise you to not go wandering the castle at night," he gave Emilia a knowing look. "It's a very dangerous place, especially at night, as you know." Emilia fiddled with the locket around her neck, still looking down, not saying a word.

"Professor, what is that mirror?" Curiosity got the best of me.

"It is a special mirror, my boy. The Mirror of Erised is enchanted. Can you guess what it is enchanted to show the beholder?" Emilia, as if coming back from zoning out, looked at her locket and then at Dumbledore.

"It shows the beholder who they love most," Emilia stated, though it came out as more of a question.

"Close, my dear. It shows the beholders deepest, most desperate desire. Whether that be one's parents, or one's wanted future." Did he know everything? Had he been watching us all these nights that we came here? "This mirror is a dangerous artifact for that reason. Men have wasted away in front of it. Even gone mad. Which is why it is being moved tomorrow." Emilia and I looked at him in disbelief. "And I must urge you children: not to go looking for it again." Emilia nodded as if she understood. I was about to object- we'd never seen our parents before, and we were expected to give them up again in one night?- but Emilia grabbed my hand and squeezed it, and I knew it'd be okay.

*******

**Emilia's POV**
By now, I'd remembered most everything. I just didn't want to admit that I did. Because some things I wished I didn't remember.

That day at lunch, I sat at the Gryffindor table with Harry on my right, Ron on my left, Hermione across from me, and the twins on her right side.

"I've got Dumbledore again!" Ron huffed in frustration at getting another Dumbledore card in his chocolate frog box.

"Shouldn't you be studying?" Hermione scolded. Her and Ron got into a bit of an argument, but I didn't hear what either of them had to say. My focus was no where to be found. I was just looking at the locket my mother gave me, admiring the design carved into the golden heart. I opened it right as Fred had called me, and right before I could close it I noticed that the image of Harry was replaced by someone with red hair, then went back to Harry. A split second, but one I wouldn't be able to shake out of my mind for the rest of the day.

"Hey, Emi, are you okay?" Fred asked, lightly kicking my shin from under the table. I looked at him. I wanted to just hug him; forget everything he said. But the haunting words wouldn't leave my brain. "Bloody emotional, she is." It stung. I didn't talk because I didn't want to let anyone in; didn't want anyone to see me mess up. It's easier to not mess up if you don't talk. And there I was, being vulnerable in front of someone I put my anxieties aside for and trusted. And look where that got me.

I smiled and nodded. He must've seen right through it though, because he was about to object, but before he could, Harry piped up.

"That it!" Harry held up a chocolate frog card, and I just looked at him in confusion.

**Harry's POV**
I read the card aloud, and Hermione gasped at the mention of the name Nicholas Flamel.

"Follow me," she said, grabbing her things and heading straight out of the great hall. Ron grabbed his cards and he, Emilia, and I all followed Hermione.

*******

"I knew I'd seen the name somewhere!" Hermione exclaimed, plopping a large book down on the table we sat at in the library. "I took this out of the library a while ago for a bit of light reading!"

"This," Ron motioned to the book. "Is light?" Hermione just glared at him.

"Here it is, Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione exclaimed, excited. Emilia seemed to get it, but I was honestly lost, and by the sound of it, so was Ron.

"The Philosopher's what?" Ron questioned. Emilia looked over Hermione's shoulder and read.

"The Philosopher's stone is a legendary substance, which can turn any other substance into gold, and can create the elixir of life, making the drinker immortal." I looked at Emi with pride at her being able to read in front of us.

"What?" Ron was still trying to grasp everything.

"It means you'll never die," said Hermione.

"I know what it means-!" Ron was cut off by the librarian shushing us.

"Do you think that three headed dog was guarding it?" Emilia asked.

"Fluffy? Yes," Hermione answered.

"Wait wait wait, it's name is fluffy?" Emilia nearly giggled.

"Yeah..." Hermione trailed off.

We'd gotten what we needed, this was perfect! Nothing could ruin my mood!