Friends

**Hermione's POV**
"Of course. What is it?" Emilia bit her lip. "Emi, it's alright. The dog thing is locked up, it can't hurt you." She turned to me and raised a sarcastic eyebrow.

"You blew open the door. It's just a chamber with a hole now," Emi laughed, making me laugh. All too soon, her laugh faded. "That's not what I wanted to talk about though." She looked down at the floor. "Hermione, what do you do when someone that made you feel welcome- that made you feel wanted- for the first time in your life, what do you do when you find out they never liked you to begin with?" She looked up at me, eyes filled to the brim with tears begging to pour out.

"Emi..." I didn't know what to say.

"What do you do when you feel things you never signed up for?" Emilia's voice started breaking and I couldn't help but bring her in for a long hug.

"I, I don't know, Emi. I'm sorry." She just started sobbing.

"This always happens! With everyone! Even at our old school, everyone would avoid me because I was different. Here I felt welcome, and now I know I'm not..." her voice trailed off sadly. I pulled away, keeping my hands on her shoulders.

"Who do I need to hex?" I asked, eyebrows knitted together. Emi let out a huff of a laugh.

"Me. I let myself feel. This is why I don't talk..." I pulled her in for another hug.

"If it's any constellation, it's their loss," I whispered into her ear. She hugged me harder, as if afraid I'd fall away from her.

"I've never had a friend besides Harry."

"Well now you have me, alright?" I could feel Emi smiling into my shoulder.

"I like that. Friends."

"Until the very end."