Waking up Alone

The next day, Harry woke up in Dudley's second bedroom.

"Good morning Emilia," He said rubbing his eyes, but when he put his glasses on, Harry realized that she wasn't there. "Right," he mumbled and ran down the stairs to the cupboard. He needed to talk to her about what was in the letter.

When Harry got to the cupboard, it was unlocked. He ran into the kitchen and saw Emilia already starting to serve breakfast.

She looked up at her brother and waved with one hand, dropping the pot of coffee. It poured all over Uncle Vernon. He started to yell, then did the most terrifying thing ever.

He grinned.

Through clenched teeth, he spoke.

"You," he pointed to Emilia. "Cupboard. Now," she quickly put the pot she was picking up down and ran to the hall.

"YOU!" he pointed to a completely vulnerable Harry. "Clean this mess up!" Oh brother. He went to the kitchen to get some paper towels to clean the mess up while Dudley just sat there teasing him about being a servant and losing his other half. Uncle Vernon got up to change, and Aunt Petunia just sat there, trying to avoid any sort of eye contact with anyone.

After Harry ate a tiny breakfast, he went out into the hall and saw that the cupboard now had multiple locks on it, some of which required a key to open. He's guessing Uncle Vernon did that when he walked out to change, and knowing him, he most certainly will not give Harry the keys.

Right before Harry was about to walk away, two little pieces of paper shot from under the cupboard door. The first he picked up and read...

Got it this morning before Dursleys

Come to the cupboard tonight at 1:00 am

Haven't opened mine either

We'll open together

Trust me

- Emilia

The other piece of paper was the letter from before! The same purple ink, the same addressing (instead of the cupboard under the stairs, this time it was upstairs bedroom), the same everything. So Harry will meet Emilia and they'll open them tonight together. Perfect.

Or at least it should have been.