12 October, Saturday 19:30

I have been restless all day. Britt and I were in a fight, again. We seem to be fighting a lot lately and it has been getting on my nerves. She does not understand and I have really been trying to act "normal" just for her. It's not easy trying to be something you're not. I do not want to be with her anymore, she is insufferable some days. I have to remind myself that she is only 16 and isn't as mature as I am... Whatever, I do not want to think about her now.

I put on Bowie's song, Space Oddity, to calm down. My white haired head sways to the beat of the music and I tap my fingers on my desk. "Ground control to Major Tom..." I sing with Bowie's angelic voice.

My phone vibrates.

"Location: 123 Breyten Street"

It's the garbage truck spray painters. They want to meet tonight in some warehouse and I really want to get out of the house. Get some fresh air. Have a reason to not be around Britt for a few hours... I slip on my Doc Martens and my black leather jacket. I mumble a goodbye to my mother while making sure there's film in the camera.

"Sander, where are you going?" She asks.

"Just going to hang with some friends, see you tonight." I answer.

"Ok! Enjoy, dear. Love you!" She shouts as I walk out the door.