Come As You Are

Come as you are, as you were,
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend,
As an old enemy.
************************
Lucy POV
I leaned against a cart at the grocery store watching Damon and Bonnie fight over the cart handle.

"I got it." Damon said pushing Bonnie out of the way.

Bonnie sighed. "Okay,we need strawberries."

"Okay." I said handing her a package.

"Milk, eggs, oh and candles." She said picking up a set of candles.

"What are they for?" I asked.

Damon sighed, "I know it's been a while but if you couldn't do magic as the anchor than you can't do it now."

Bonnie turned to him. "You know when this all started I could tolerate living with you at all, now I can somewhat tolerate you two, with your constant bickering and fighting. Milk." She said handing me a gallon. "There is no reason to be a Peter Pessimist."

"First of all, don't nickname that's my thing." Damon said. "And this is proof, the magical crossword puzzle that you filled in yesterday."

Bonnie glared at him. "I told you. I. Didn't. Fill. It. In!" Bonnie yelled.

"No you don't know if you filled it in." Damon said. "And you didn't know you talk in your sleep."

"Eggs." I said handing them to Bonnie.

"I'm saying it makes for sense than the alternative." Damon said taking them from Bonnie and putting them in the cart.

"I refuse to have hope because there is nothing to hope for." Damon yelled.

Bonnie stopped. "Pork rinds."

"Not on the list and ew." I said.

"No Lucy, there have been pork rinds on this shelf for the past four months." She said as the door opened making a chiming noise.

I looked up, Damon, and Bonnie where all standing with me, it couldn't have been one of them.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

I hurried out of the store with Damon and Bonnie following behind me. I turned the corners to see a small horse carousel play music and spin.

"You hear that?" Bonnie asked. "That's the sound of hope."

"It's got to be short or something." Damon said opening the fuse box.

"Or somebody put a quarter in it." Bonnie suggested.

"Ok I'm confused with all this hope." I told her. "Let's just say someone is here. How do you suggest we get out?"

"You've said this was your hell. If there is someone else here than it's not your hell. And if it's not your hell that means Grams put us here, meaning there is a way out." Bonnie said.

"That's hell of a lot of logic you got." I mumbled.

Bonnie turned to me. "Thank you. So now that we have properly placed our hope, let's play a game. When we get out, what's the first thing you're gonna tell that Oliver guy?" She asked. "What's the first thing you are going to tell Elena?" Bonnie asked Damon.

"Sorry I killed Bonnie. But she was the most annoying person in the world. She wouldn't shut up. She just kept talking.I mean, it's a wonder I made it as long as I did, but here's the thing, I think it's better this way because she didn't have magic, and she was pretty much useless." Damon said walking away from us.

"Damon." I said.

He turned around to face me. "What?" He yelled.

I pointed to Damon's car parked in the parking lot. He looked at his car then the license plate.