No Quarter

Walking side by side with death, The devil mocks their every step
The snow drives back the foot that's slow, The dogs of doom are howling more
*****************************
Lucy POV
"You bitch. Let us go!" I yelled.

Haley was still screaming as Nik limped into the room. I couldn't be more relieved to see him. Nik lunged at a witch tipi her head off. Then two witches threw him back with his magic. I ran separating but they did the same with me.

Haley was now in labor screaming badly.

"I will bring hell to your family!" Nik screamed.

"One last push! Push! The baby's almost here!" Genevieve said ignoring Nik.

I I will bathe in rivers of your blood!" Nik yelled.

"No! No!" Haley cried.

"I can see the baby!" Monique said.

"Push! Gently! Gently!" She said.

"You will die screaming!" Nik yelled.

"There!" Genevieve said.

There was silence in the room as Genevieve revealed the baby. Nik stared at her with love in his eyes.

"You have a baby girl." She said.

Nik and Haley both stared in shock watching there baby.

"We must start the sacrifice as soon as the moon sets with the morning sky..." Genevieve said.

"Please. Please, can I hold her?" Haley cried.

Genevieve brought the baby over to Haley allowing her to look she placed a kiss on her head and smiled at Nik. Before I could do anything Monique came over throwing Haley's head back and slitting her throat.

"No!" Nik and I yelled together. Haley's body fell back and the witches left with the baby.

Nik and I fell to the ground both numb with the fact that Haley was dead. I looked at Haley's body in horror. She would never be a mother now. Nik didn't say anything he was looking at Haley's lifeless body.

"Nik you have to get the baby." I mumbled. I looked back at Haley and began to cough up blood getting Nik's attention.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I rolled up my sleeve revealing my bite.Nik sighed before giving me his wrist so I could drink his blood.

"I'm getting my daughter." Nik mumbled.

The doors of the church busted open revealing Elijah. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Haley's body resting on the floor. "No, no no, no." Elijah mumbled falling next to Nik and I.

"She's gone." I whispered.

Elijah began to cry making Nik cry with him. I could feel the tears rolling down my checks. Here I was crying for a woman who ruined my life, but the time I spent in New Orleans she changed my life dramatically.

"You've been bitten." Nik mumbled to Elijah offering him his wrist.
***************************
Elijah carried her body back to the house and laid her on the table.

"How?" Elijah asked crying.

"I was bested." Nik said.

"You were bested. Huh." Elijah Said walking toward Nik. "You were bested? My invincible brother."

Nik pulled himself up from the ground and stared Elijah down. "They took the baby. But, there's still time. We can save her."

"Where would the baby be?" Elijah asked.