Chapter Eleven

A/N:

Grab your tissues please.

I practically sobbed while writing this.🥺🥺🤧🤧

-B. 🥺🥺

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Juliet's POV)

Hearing that Vince had an older brother didn't shock me. It was Vince's reaction that shocked me.

He knew.

Vince knew he had a brother.

His expression said it all.

Vito saw that as well.

"F*cking hell." Vito said. "You knew about me."

Vince remained silent.

"How could he have known?" Ottavio asked in confusion.

Vince ignored them.

So I asked.

"How'd you know?" I asked him softly.

He couldn't ignore me.

"Santino talked about him once. He didn't know I was listening." Vince answered gruffly.

"You knew all these years?" Vito asked. "You never sought me out?"

"What purpose would I have to find you?" Vince asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Vince," I scolded quietly.

"It's alright." Vito said. "I don't blame him."

"How come you never came to us?" I asked. "Why didn't you live with them? With Santino?"

"Mom died after soon after giving birth to Vince. Santino took an automatic liking to Vincenzo. Before Vince got to the age where he would start remembering things, Santino sent me here to live. He never had intentions to bring Vince here, so he knew I'd remain a secret from Vince."

"But after he died..."

"I was away at college when Vasiliev attacked. If I would've came back then he would tried to kill me. If I went to Vince...well his track record speaks for itself. Besides, I have no business with....the family business."

"What do you do?"

"I'm a defense attorney."

"That sounds....exciting."

"Has its moments." He shrugged, as Vince's phone rang.

"Hello." He answered.

And just like that, he got a look in his eyes that I was too familiar with.

It was a look that he got when he was Il Diavolo. It was a look that meant someone somewhere was going to lose their life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Stefano's POV before Vince's phone call)

Once we got the call that Jules had found Vince, we were ecstatic. Everyone felt at ease.

I had called the twins and Nix called Isa and Nikolay. Knox was a bit disappointed because he was hoping to use his baseball bat on someone.

It was about a hour after that when the door opened and Gio walked in with the others. Everyone rushed towards them.

"We're fine. Wounds have healed a good bit." Gio said, as everyone kept asking questions.

"Where's Boss and Lady Boss?" Vera asked.

"They stayed. Ordered us to come back here."

They then explained everything.