Chapter 31

(Unedited)

Your votes and comments keeps me going😌❤️

Awestriken, Yahaya stared at her. She moved forward and placed her head on his chest just to feel his heartbeat and she felt it.

He wrapped his hands around her, few seconds later, his lips mashed against hers. The bristles of his beard scratched against her soft cheeks as she gripped his head firmly, as if to keep him from escaping.

"I will miss my flight." She breathed out.

"You still want to go?" He asked, hoping her answer will be negative

"Yes." She replied and he let go of her, picking her medium sized box on his way.

Few minutes later, he gripped the steering wheel without saying a word. Finally at the airport, he kissed her cheek and then she knew that you could become homesick for people too.

***
Admiringly, Aret stared at Abdullah as he pray isha. "I like your voice, i mean i love what you're saying."

He finished reciting his adhkaar and smiled. "I was reciting the holy Qur'an."

"Ohhh, i love it. It's amazing." She said sincerely and he only smiled.

"WAEC is starting next week." She informed him.

"Ayyy! Somebody will finally be a University student." He joked and they laughed.

The door creaked ajar and Sadiya came into view, dragging her medium sized box.

"Assalamu Alaikum." She said tiredly.

"Wa'alaiki Salam. What a surprise! Where is Yaya?" Abdullah questioned as he rose from his sitting position and collected her box.

Sadiya slumped on one of the sofas before exchanging pleasantries with Aret.

"Where is Ummi?" She asked looking around the parlour. "She went out." Aret replied her.

She nodded her head and said, "i need food please."

Sadiya ate her food quietly as she watched how Abdullah and Aret were conversing, she smiled and sipped her tea. Tea is her new fav thing.

An hour later, Ummi came back and when Ummi engulfed Sadiya into a hug she broke down in tears and Ummi worriedly asked, "are you okay?"

"I'm okay, i missed you so much." She sniffed and Ummi hugged her again.

"I missed you more, Aret stays in your room now and guess where you will be sleeping?" Ummi asked with a glint of happiness in her eyes.

They walked upstairs together, "Ummi's room." She squealed.

"Where is your husband? I thought you guys were together."

"No, he got work." She replied Ummi and remember how she wished he was going to stop her. She would've been by his side at this time.

Zipping her box, she yawned and picked out a night gown. She wore it. "I'm going to sleep Ummi." She informed Ummi.

"Sleep? It's just 8:30pm."

Lazily, she walked to the bed. "I'm tired, Goodnight Ummi."

***
Sadiya watched Abdullah as he drew the prism perfectly, writing the formula he motioned for Aret to bring her general mathematics textbook and they started working on an exercise.

"Tea again?" Ummi asked Sadiya as she settled beside her. "Yes ummi."

Ummi only nodded, "i thought you're to spend a week here and go back. It's been two weeks."