Chapter 19

(Unedited)
Abdullah's POV

Yahaya stared at me "how did you do it? Ya Allah Abdullah......where was i when you became this intelligent?" He said unable to hide his excitement.

      He didn't allow me to answer his questions as he pull me into a warm hug. Exactly what i need, a hug full of love and sincerity. I hugged back and unknowingly all the emotions came flowing down on my cheeks.

     "Hey! You okay? Why are you crying?" Yahaya asked, my head resting on his left shoulder and his hand on my back patting it lovingly.

  I shook my head trying to calm down "I'm just happy that i did it, I'm glad you appreciated something i did for the first time. See, I even got a hug which is unusual" I chuckled "At last i did it and I couldn't be more happier" i said wiping away the tears. I seem to cry a lot these days. Yahaya smiled and we walked to the BQ.

      "What color of kaftan are you wearing? Don't wear white please, most grooms wear white on their wedding so be different" i blabbered as we entered the BQ.

    Yahaya quickly brushed his eyebrow "kindly suggest a color for me"

    "Yellow" i blurted out

    "What?" Yahaya asked perplexed "yellow is not a cool color it is a shouty color. C'mon guy be serious" he laughed

    I scrunched up my pointed nose "then wear blue, sky blue. It is a cool color"

    "Blue it is then" he replied.

    "Sadiya will wear red, red looks good on her or perhaps Maroon, yeah maroon and ash. Yeah  right?" I looked at Yahaya.

     "Woah Abdullah, leave that to the women" he said fishing out his phone from his jeans pocket.

     "Lemme answer this call, it's the lieutenant colonel" Yahaya said as he moved to the window to answer the call.

Few minutes later, the call got disconnected and he turned "i need to be in office right now, see ya later"

    "Okay captain" i said and he abruptly left.

I left to join Ummi in the main house. I met Ummi and Sadiya gisting in Ummi's sitting room.

   "Salamu Alaikum" i went into the room and sat beside Ummi. "Wa'alaika salam" they answered in unison. "Why're you alone? Where's Yahaya? I thought i saw you guys together" Ummi asked keeping her phone aside.

     "Yes he just left, he was called from the office" I replied "so when are we buying the furnitures? Which country are we going to? Dubai? Turkey? See, Ummi we have a lot to purchase. God! We didn't even choose what she's wearing....." I didn't even finish what i was saying when Ummi smacked my head.

     "Ummi what did i do?" I whined "Abdullah can you keep shut! Wait, are you the bride? Furnitures, what to wear, all those are for the women" Ummi laughed, shoving me away with her right hand.

    "Okay, okay, am just happy that my brother and sister are getting hitched. Like, am too eager for them to get married. I can't wait to do the 'siyan baki thingy' it's like am the happiest person right now" i finally sighed.

     "Abdullah keep calm, will you? I only talked with your Dad over the phone. But he's arriving soon so by then we will fix a date and then we can start the preparations" Ummi explained calmly and we both listened.

      That's it! It's happening and i will be left all alone.

     "I can't wait" i said and left in haste because I didn't want my emotions to get the best of me. Nah! Not in Ummi's presence nor Sadiya's presence.