Chapter 25

(Unedited)

It's a short chapter. Enjoy💕

Yahaya turned sideways, trying his best not be angry. He closed his eyes and opened them slowly. He moved forward to where Sadiya was sitting, her eyes clenched shut.

I'm trying again, one last time.....he thought.

She staggered backward immediately she felt his touch and let out a loud wail.

Bringing his left hand up to his face, he hit his face and gulped down the bottle water that was on the mirror.

"I don't deserve this" he started talking, trying his best not to sound harsh. "What do you want? More time?"

She moved her head sideways indicating no.

"Then why're you denying me my right? The angels are cursing you."

"Since you're not ready to talk, Goodnight." He picked up the blanket and moved to the parlour, leaving her deep in thoughts.

"The angels are cursing you" his words echoed in her head.

Sadiya sighed, standing up from her uncomfortable sitting position. She moved to where her louis vuitton handbag was hung, bringing out the white paper that she kept for over two months she turned it over without thinking twice and decided to scribble down what was going on in her head.

"Hello paper, we all know that am not good at writing but here i am lying down on my bed feeling numb. It's Quarter past two am.

He said i should keep smiling because he will always love me. Yes him! He was my first crush, my first love, my first real boyfriend. I loved him. We planned our future and it got ruined all of a sudden or rather he ruined it because of his brother's happiness."

Sadiya stopped writing immediately she heard a sound. She hid the paper in the bedside drawer in between a book. It was closer to her than her handbag."

The door creaked ajar and Yahaya's face came into view.

"I thought you've slept."

"I will, right now"she said not looking his way.

"I'm sorry about what happened. Goodnight" he didn't wait for her reply as he closed the door behind him.

His eyes were wide open till dawn. He performed ablution, woke Sadiya up and then he led them in prayers.

"You look tired, sleep. I will be leaving for work, don't bother about breakfast." He said folding the mats before dashing into the bathroom.

****

     "Guess who is pregnant?" Ummi asked with excitement.

Abdullah hesitated before replying. "Sadiya?" He asked unsure.

    "You dumbo, remember who got married last month."

     "Wait! Rayhan! Its been a month and she is already pregnant.....tsk."

     "Oh wait, Sadiya got married earlier, that means she's supposed to be pregnant. Ya Allah the thought of her being pregnant never crossed my mind." Ummi said.

       "Who knows? She might be." He said nonchalantly, dismissing the talk.

       "So that's how they do it?" He asked Ummi

She faced him. "What?"

  He stifled his laughter. "You call your family members to inform them when you get pregnant."

      "Ask me again" Ummi said jokingly, heading to the kitchen.

A notification appeared on his phone and that drew back his attention from the movie he was watching on TV.

"Iam_efik" wants to send you a message.

He darted his eyes back to the Tv and continued watching, having in mind to reply that person later.

"Abdullah come and eat."

"Yes mom, I'm coming."

"Let's go out." Ummi said while we're eating.

"To?" He asked, concentrating on his food.

"To my friend's house, Hajiya Falmata. She got two daughters." Ummi said, excitedly.

"Ummi no please." He whined.

"Okay, just escort me. Will you?"

"Yes, i will."

An hour later, we arrived at Hajiya Falmata's house. The door got opened by a dark skinned girl.

"Good day Ma." She is cheerful.

Ummi smiled. "How're you? How's school?" She asked as we settled in the parlour.

"Fine Alhamdulillah."

Hajiya Falmata came into the parlour and she disappeared into a room together with Ummi leaving Abdullah behind with her daughter, Aysha.

"Hello Abdullah, feel at home. I need to study for a test. Bye."

You did the right thing, girl.

He didn't get to reply her as she disappeared into another room. Bringing out his phone, he saw the notification that was there three hours ago and that reminded him.

He swiped up and logged into instagram.

Iam_efik: Hello!

A's photography: hey!

Iam_efik: how're you doing? I am Adaku, lives in cross river. My wedding is next month and i was told the northern part got the best photographers and i came across you. Hope you will do me a favour and capture the best moments of my life.

A's photography: I am fine. Yeah right. We're simply the best. I will be glad to do that. Next month, date please?

Iam_efik: Thank you. 7th September.

A's photography: You're welcome. See you soon.

He sighed and logged out. "Thank you, first customer." He muttered to himself.

Ummi decided to show up after an hour and he heaved a sigh, thanking God internally. They left and Abdullah informed Ummi about his first customer.

"So when is the wedding?" Ummi asked. "Next month, seventh." He replied.

"Finally, you're going to cross river after Yahaya's nagging."

"What?" He asked, confused.

And Ummi told him how Yahaya had wanted him to follow them.

"Oh" he simply said before bidding Ummi goodnight.

*****
Believe me when i say writing is hard. 😢

I'm too hurt to talk rn💔😭 no votes, no comments. Ghost readers why? 😫

Vote❤️🙏🏻
Comment❤️🙏🏻
Share❤️🙏🏻
Follow❤️🙏🏻

👑Hajjo.Baraah🌹
S.O.L.D.I.E.R💫