Chapter 6

I sat at the kitchen island next to mom eating the food that dad made me as I texted Oliver.

Hope: Hey did u make it in without ur dad catching u?

Oliver: Yeah, he's still fast asleep

Hope: Good I'm glad u made it back fine
I miss having sleepovers like this :)

Oliver: Me too, we should do it again soon
But let's tell our parents next time and not sneak me in ur house. ok?

I softly laughed as I read that last part. "What are you laughing at?" mom asked me.

I looked up at her, "Oh I'm just texting Olly."

"What did he say that's so funny?"

So obviously I can't tell her what is actually funny because that would give it away that he stayed over and end up with both of us in trouble, so lying is my only option.

"Love, let her have some privacy. It's her and Oliver, it's probably some inside joke that we wouldn't understand," dad chimes in as he sat next to mom with his breakfast, dad for the win!

'Thank you dad for getting me out of that situation,' I thought to myself as I took another bite of my pancake and replied to Oliver.

Hope: Want to hang out today?

Oliver: I was just over there

Hope: But I miss u already :(
it's boring over here

Oliver: How can I say no to that??

Hope: U can't :)

Oliver: Ok I'll come over later after my dad wakes up

Hope: Yay!!

"Mom, Dad, is it okay if Olly comes over later today?"

"Of course princess," dad said kissing my cheek, answering for both of them.

"Thank you dad!" I exclaimed. Mom kinda looked at him funny, like she was slightly annoyed that he said yes for both of them, which is understandable but whatever. I finished my food, as did my parents, and we sat in the living room watching tv, well they were watching tv I was on my phone.

I scrolled and scrolled endlessly through my Instagram feed, about 30 minutes later I got a notification.

Oliver: My dad FINALLY woke up...
Heading over now!

Hope: Yay!

"Oliver is on his way."

"Okay sweetie, have fun," dad said looking over at me as I got up and walked to the door to open it.

As I opened the door Oliver was about to ring the doorbell, and I startled him. "Hey dummy," I say chuckling as he walks in.

"Why didn't you just wait until I rang the doorbell?" he asked his cheeks turning the slightest bit red from embarrassment.

"Where's the fun in that?" I said playfully pushing him. He rolled his eyes at me and I smiled. "We're gonna go to my room," I say to my parents as I walk past the living room and to the stairs.

"Ok," mom said, both her and dad looking at me as I talk.

I walk up the stairs and down the hall to my room, Oliver following close behind me. "Let's hope this time when I leave I can use the door and not the window," he said as we walked into my room.

"Come on, it wasn't that bad. You didn't fall did you?" I say walking to my bed and sitting.

"It was still terrifying Hope," he replied plopping himself on the spot next to me.

"Well hopefully we won't have to do that again," I say laughing a little and laying back on the bed. "So, Olly, I feel like you haven't told me what going on with you lately, it all me and my powers and my not darkness. What's happening with you lately?"

He turns to face me, "Nothing much, I mean we spend most of our time together."

"Do you have a crush?" I say sitting up. He kinda just looks at me and the redness in his cheeks returns. "You do! Who is it?" This is very exciting news! It might sound like no big deal, teenagers have crushes all the time. That is usually true, but not for him the last time he had a crush was in the 7th grade, we are juniors now, me, on the other hand, I have at least one a year.

"Oh, you don't know her," he said nervously as he pushed his hair back.

"Olly come on, I have to know her. Literally everyone knows everyone here."

"Not everyone," he said persisting that I did not know her.

"We both know that's not true, but I'll leave it alone for now," I say laying back down.

"What about you Hope?" he asked laying down next to me and turning his head towards me.

"You know I haven't liked anyone since Ruby and Dorothy moved back here and their son friend-zoned me," I said as I played with my hair.

"His loss anyways."

"Ehh, it's okay. He allowed to not like me I can't force him, plus Corey and I are good friends now, no hard feelings." I said looking back at Oliver.

"Yeah, Corey is a pretty cool dude," he said and looked at me a little weird.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I said sitting up.

"What do you mean? I was just looking at you," he also sat up.

"I feel like you are acting weird today Olly. Are you okay?"

"Of course I am Hope," he said moving to sit next to me, "Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure Olly."
...
I am SO sorry. I know I suck at updating this book but here is an update & it's decently long :)

upload schedule:
'Peter and his Darling' -Mondays at 5pm central
'The New Swan' Fridays at 5pm central