Chapter 5

I woke up in the middle of the night to my phone ringing. I opened my eyes and looked at my phone, "Why is anyone calling me this late?" I whispered to myself as I saw who was calling. I quickly answered the phone, "Olly? What's wrong? Why are you calling me so late?"

"I- uh, couldn't fall asleep and I just wanted to talk to you," he replied. "I'm sorry I woke you up, but I don't know I thought talking to you might help."

I sat up in my bed as he talked. "It's fine Olly," I said reassuring him about his decision to call me. "Actually, do you want to come over?"

"What? Right now?"

"Yeah why not," I said as I stood up to look out my bedroom window that looked out to his window. He was standing there already almost like he was waiting for me to stand at mine.

"Hope, it is super late. We would both get in trouble," he said looking at me through the window. I could tell he wanted to come over but was too scared.

"What time does your dad wake up?" I asked as I got an idea.

"Uhhh, like 10:30 on the weekends, why?" he was confused I could tell, his goody-two-shoes brain doesn't think like mine. Honestly, I wouldn't really care if I got in trouble, but I know he does.

"Come over and just make sure you are back before 10:30 tomorrow," I explained. He was still very skeptical.

"How am I supposed to get in your house without your parents waking up?" he said trying to poke holes in the plan.

"Trust me they won't wake up. They sleep with the door closed and mom snores so they won't hear anything," I said. "Come on, you probably won't sleep otherwise." I was right and he knew it, I could see it on his face.

"Fine," he said after 30 seconds of silence and me staring at him.

"Okay, meet me at my front door I'll open it," I said and hung up without waiting for a response. I open my door, ran down the stairs, then opened the front door. Olly wasn't there yet so I waited with the door open. He walked up a minute later. "Your house is literally next to mine, what took you so long?"

"I had to make sure my dad was asleep."

"Okay," I said as I walked back upstairs and to my room and he followed. We walked in and I closed the door and locked it behind me.

"Why did you do that?" he asked.

"So if my parents come they have to knock to get in."

"Smart," he said looking at me and walking to sit on my bed. "I haven't slept over here in a couple of months, that's so weird because we used to have a sleepover at least once a week." That is 100% true, one week would be at my house the next would be at his. I'm not sure why we stopped, I think one of us was busy one week and then I got detention or something and we just kinda stopped.

"Yeah, but nothing has changed. My room is the same as it has been since I was 10," I said looking around at my very pink room. The wall was pink, the bedding was pink, basically, everything was pink. It also is a princess theme, not because most little girls want to be princesses but because I am an actual princess. Don't get me wrong, when I was little I did want to be a princess, or what I guess I mean is one that gets to go to balls and wear gowns, but the room is the closest I ever got to the real princess life. "I kinda want to redecorate."

"Why? We have so many memories here, and when you move out and leave won't you want to come back here and reminisce about your childhood?" He made a point, but right now it reminds me of the person everyone wants me to be but I don't feel I am.

"Yeah, you're right," I said awkwardly pretending to agree with him. I just couldn't tell him how I was feeling about the room, I don't know why I just couldn't. I looked back at him and he was laying down looking at me. "You want to go to sleep?" I asked knowing his answer.

"Yeah is that okay?"

"Of course, that is why you came over." I looked at him and he was still dressed in what he wore to school today. "Do you want to change? I have some sweatpants and a big shirt you can borrow." I asked him and he nodded. I walked to my dresser and took out some black sweatpants and a big gray t-shirt. "Here you go," I said handing them to him and looking the opposite direction so he could change.

About 45 seconds after he said, "You can turn back around now."

I turned around and looked at him, it is so weird seeing him in that. I have worn that a million times and seeing him wear it is just... weird.

He walked over to my bed and climbed under the blanket. "Are you going to sleep?"

"Yeah," I said walking to the other side and laid down next to him.

...

I woke up to knocking on my door, I sat up so fast and woke Olly up, "Hey I am gonna put the covers over your head because my parents are at my door." I jumped off of my bed and to the door.

"Hey Dad," I said as I opened the door.

"Good morning Princess," he said hugging me. "Breakfast is ready"

"I'll be down in a minute, I need to brush my teeth and get dressed," I replied trying to get him out so I can sneak Oliver out.

"See you downstairs," he said walking away as I closed the door and locked it again. I pulled the covers off of Oliver, "Okay, we need to sneak you out. Your dad is gonna be waking up soon and my parents are downstairs."

"How the hell am I supposed to get out without them seeing me?"

"I think we both know a way you can leave without seeing them," I said looking at the window.

"I know there is no point in arguing so I guess that's how I'm gonna get out," he said rolling his eyes.

"I mean do you have any other ideas?" He shook his head. "So no complaining." Recently I have started to get powers like my mom, I haven't mastered them but I think I can levitate him out the window and on the ground. "Okay, so I am going to use my magic to lift you up and out the window."

"Really? Do you know how to use them?" he asked very obviously scared.

"I mean yeah to an extent," I replied and he made a face. "Would you rather climb?" He just looked at me. "I am going to take that as a 'no' so let's get to it." I stuck my hands out and he floated off the floor.  "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," he said still nervous. I moved him out the window and to the ground safely.

"Are you okay?" I said in a hushed tone but still loud enough that he could hear me. He nodded. "I'll text you later," I said closing my window. "Now to get dressed," I said staring at my closet. I put on some jeans with holes in them, and a black off the shoulder shirt, then I headed downstairs.

"What took you so long sweetie?" Mom asked me as she took a bite of her pancakes.

"I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear," I lied but she didn't question it at all. I sat next to her.

"How many pancakes love?" Dad asked turning away from the stove to look at me.

"Two please," I said smiling.

...
Ok so I am the worst. I made an update schedule and then didn't update for like 2 weeks but I am back and with another chapter so yeah. This chapter is longer than most of mine. Hope you guys like it

upload schedule:
'Peter and his Darling' -Mondays at 5pm central
'The New Swan' Fridays at 5pm central