"Yes, well, about that." For a second, one significant second, fear seeps into Lexi's expression. "Do you remember what I said about our siblings and Mikael?"

She blinks. "Don't joke, Nik. I can't take it today. Just spit it out."

He motions for her to walk into the house. "Who said a family reunion couldn't be fun?"

Lexi races into the house with her eyes already filling with tears. She stops in the threshold of the large family room; a laugh falls from her lips. "Oh my god," she breathes. She opens her mouth, but she cannot speak.

From across the room, standing before a large mirror, Kol smirks back at her. Rebekah sits on the couch with someone manicuring her nails. Elijah and Finn both stand off to the side looking at ties and shoes for the party. "You look like you've been through hell," Kol says, glancing at her outfit.

She launches herself at him, wrapping her arms around his torso. She is careful to avoid the tailor at his feet and wrinkling his new tuxedo; he only chuckles, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. "If I've just come from hell, this must be heaven," she sighs as she pulls back and gulps down her tears. "You look handsome, brother."

"See, Rebekah? Lexi knows." Kol glances back at the bored blonde.

Rebekah shakes her head. "We all know she's just overwhelmed with happiness. She would never willingly admit you were as handsome as you think you are."

Lexi waves a hand. "Can't I be happy for a second?" She exclaims as she presses a kiss to Rebekah's cheek before hugging Elijah and Finn, each hug tighter than the last. "I've missed you, brothers," she says before looking solely at Finn. "You don't look a day over a hundred."

Finn scoffs. "Same Alexis, even after 900 years in a box."

A deep frown replaces the large grin on her face. She glances at Elijah before turning to the door. "Who else is here?" She asks. "There's another heartbeat."

"Nik didn't tell you?" Kol asks as he dismisses his tailor. "Figures."

"Tell me what?"

Klaus bursts into the room with a glare. "You went after Elena," he says. "What is wrong with you?"

Rebekah sighs heavily, folding her hands over her stomach. "Here we go."

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?"

Lexi growls as her eyes flash red. Kol steps between her and Klaus, saying, "Again with the dagger threats. Don't you have any other tricks?"

Klaus scoffs. "Go back to staring at yourself."

"And who are you? My father?" Kol places his hands on his hips, towering over Klaus. He narrows his eyes as Klaus' glare deepens.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house."

Kol smirks. "Then, perhaps, we should go outside."

"Enough."

The voice that echoes through the room sends shivers down Lexi's spine. Instinctively, she takes a step back, accidentally hitting Elijah. He simply wraps a hand around her arm and squeezes comfortingly.

Esther Mikaelson, the Original Witch, walks into the room—alive as she had been a thousand years before. Lexi blinks twice before she glances around at her siblings. "Mother," she says. "you're alive."

"Alexis." Esther runs her eyes down Lexi's appearance. "I thought I taught you better than to go out in public in such rags."

Lexi glances down. "Kol, remember how I said this was Heaven?" She purses her lips. "I was wrong. This? This is just the next circle of hell." Kol chuckles and fails to cover it up with a cough. "Yes, Mother, you taught me better. Excuse me for not presenting myself properly. I've been running around the woods for 36 hours."

With a sigh, Lexi steps forward. "Really, Nik? You kept our mother's body in that coffin? Really?" She looks around at her siblings. "None of you are at all bothered by this?"

Rebekah shrugs. "I'm more bothered by your outfit."

Lexi rolls her eyes. "Really? Again, I've been running around the woods for a day and a half. Cut me some slack, please."

"Well, Alexis, I'm glad you are here." Esther places her hand on Lexi's shoulder. "I'm just happy that after a thousand years on the Other Side, I finally get to touch you." Lexi looks down at the hand before covering it with her own. "There, you see?" Esther smiles. "One happy family."

As Esther takes Klaus to the other room, Lexi plops down on the couch beside Rebekah and bites her lips. "Same signature," she mutters. When Rebekah frowns, Lexi leans over. "Peter was brought back from the dead. It's the same signature."

"Oh, stop it," Rebekah says. "Stop with the suspicion and paranoia. We're all together once more after a thousand years. Enjoy it!"

Mikaelson family reunion! And Derek...

Hope you enjoyed!

-L