10 | Doubt

Sam's POV

Sam's POV

I round another corner, looking down at my phone checking the map. There weren't any hydra agents, as boss promised.

I come face to face with a dead end, "This doesn't seem all that complicated," I shake my head, "Hydra always doing the same thing."

I go to the nearby outlet and yank it out, "Not like anyone's gonna file a complaint." Pushing the obvious red button a door appears from the wall, opening up to a long hallway.

"Seriously, more walking." Teleporting wouldn't be wise, due to who I was dealing with.

"Lets get this over with"

Natasha's POV

"Peter you go back to the jet and get back up, I'll stay and try to find the others." Peter gives me a look and knowing him, he wasn't going anywhere.

"Just stay close"

We approach the building, everything was silent, too silent. Fury's mic cut after his initial sentence, leaving us to assume the worst, Sam was rogue.

Every possible scenario was going through my head, how did we let her in this fast, some agents take years to even catch a glimpse of anything related to the Avengers. What was Fury thinking?

"Nat, which way do we go?" I look at Peter, I would never forgive her if she laid a hand on him.

The door we reached was completely open, and no dead guards were near. "Nothing is adding up, this missions was too easy from the get go. Why did Fury send us all in?" I was panicking, and right in front of Peter too.

"Nat we can't think about that now. Forget the mission, let's get everyone and make sure they are okay." Peter looked at me determined and I nodded reassuring him.

"Use your spidey senses Pete."

Sam's POV

"Finally, light!"

Walking down the dark hallway was getting old, and light seeping through a closed door was helping. I walk closer with no fear really, whats the worse that could happen?

"I could die." I whisper to myself and shrug my shoulders.

As I near the door a faint sound of music hits my ears. I had a brief idea about who was in the room, but it didn't make me less scared.

When I reach door the music comes to a pause, he probably knows I'm here.

"Should I knock ? That's what people are supposed to do, huh?" Right before I could knock the door swings open, with a old looking man in the opening.

He sorta ugly looking.

The man doesn't say anything, just stares. So I decided to start the conversation, "Hi, I'm Sam and I'm here to kill you." I fake a smile, I wasn't really good at stuff like this.

He continues to stare at me, I couldn't tell if he was a perv or not. He opens the door wider, "Would you like to come in for tea?" Did he think this was a house or something? Do I say no, is that the polite way to kill someone?

"Sure, but I don't have much time. My friends are back there, probably letting there imagination run wild."

Natasha's POV

My mind was trying to process what was going on, everything was going too fast and I couldn't keep up. I was trying to keep my cool for Peter, he had more faith in Sam but I don't know how to feel.

I was following Peter, we both had guards up not knowing what to expect.

As we came up to a turn, Pete tensed up. He looked back at me, signaling the fact people were there. I ready my guns and gave him a nod.

We slowly rounded the corner, we came face to a room filled with silhouettes of people, unmoving. As we got closer, and they became familiar. I found a light switch while keeping my eyes on them. When I turned the light on I see our team, all frozen in place.

Peter smiles, "Oh, thank god you guys are alive, gave us quite a fright." None of them move.

"Peter, I don't think they can hear us." I go up to Tony, his emotionless face remains unfazed. His eyes were open, as if he were looking at something, it was like he was dreaming.

Peter goes up to Sam, (remember there are two Sam's, one is Falcon and the other is Sam) "Come on man, look at me." I can see Peter start to panic, and try and figure out what was going on.

Suddenly Tony starts breathing heavy, like he was in a nightmare. Then he starts screaming, "NAT GET OUT OF HERE SHE'S COMING. SHE'S COMING GET OUT."  What did Sam do to them ?

I stumble backward at the sudden screaming, "Tony I'm right here, its oka-" Before I could finish my sentence the rest of them start screaming.

I cover my ears, the screaming too much and too loud. I see Peter backing away from Sam with frightened eyes.

The words at that point weren't comprehendible, it was as they were seeing something that wasn't there.

Before I could do anything the door on the other side  of the room bust open, and the screaming stops.

I'm super sorry about the slow updates, my online school ends tmmr so I hope I'll be able to continue the story, with all this time from quarantine. I'm not a professional writer or anything but I'll try my best.

Insta is —> @stickyyy.mango if you wanna dm me or even just drop a follow, up to you. :)