05| Snakes

Chapter 5

They're snakes, the lot of them.

Sam's POV

Sam's POV

"I don't understand," I respond with a tilt of my head, "You want me to what."

"You need to start training with us. We need to test your abilities, but before that we need you to ask you some questions." The patriotic superhero seems to state with ease.

"I don't need to train, and if you ask the right questions I'm willing to tell you whatever you want."

They don't trust you. They don't trust you at all.

"Why won't you train?" Peter ask with everyone agreeing silently.

"My abilities don't need training, and I'm to lazy for that."

The lot of the Avengers were all sprawled around the living room, with me as the center of attention.

I haven't been here very long but the curiosity of the costume wearers seems to be growing.

Before Tony can ask a question Natasha interrupts, "What exactly are your abilities?"

I tap my chin in mock thinking, "Well as you know I can teleport, but I have this other power as well." I pause just to be dramatic.

I focus my eyes on Peter, leaning in a little scaring the boy, "I can see the future."

"WOW! Really?" Sam reacts shockingly, "What am I going to look like when I'm old? As good looking as I am now?"

I laugh a little, "You're going to go on a mission that will lead to Sam Jr. to have to be surgically removed." I whisper quite seriously.

Sam's eyes pop out and his hand instincly reached towards his crotch, "Seriously?l"

"We'll look at the time, gotta dip." I stand up immediately.

"Wai-" I teleport out before I could hear another word.

I end up in one of the balconies of Stark tower, the view was nice.

I was so immersed at the sight of the city I didn't notice the presence behind me.

"Poor guy actually tramatized, now why would you do that?" I flinch slightly at the voice of the speedster.

"It's rude to sneak up on people like that?" I say knowingly. "Why don't you just use your power to predict me showing up." He retorts.

"My powers don't exactly work like that. It's more of a gut feeling as stupid as that sounds."

He nods at me, waiting for an explanation.

"When something something is happening that will effect the future I know what I need to do and when I need to do it. Plus I got orders from higher ups." I watch my wording, so I'm not lying but not telling too much.

"You mean Fury, right?" He questions suspiciously. I shake my head, "Higher up."

He backs away slightly from me, "Your not Hydra are you."

I chuckle softly at the irony, "I'm not, and if I was would I tell you."

I think back to my time in those dark cells, starved, tortured and stripped of any and all dignity I had.

I shake my head at the thought, "Don't worry though I'm not one of them."

I look dead into his eyes, "They're snakes, the lot of them."

"Here"

"What is this?" I question as I grab the pamphlet I'm handed to by Metal Man.

I was back in the living room, most have the Avengers have dispersed throughout the city. It was still unclear if they were running from me or the tension that followed.

"Rules and some informations for our next missions," He said acting somewhat annoyed.

"Rules? Mission?" I look down at the small packet of paper trying to familiarize myself with the letters.

"Yeah read it and if you have any questions don't ask me." He begins to walk away.