08 | Irrelevant

Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh and some more Blah

Sam's POV

"New mission team" everyone in the room groans out, excluding Peter of course.

"This is gonna be fun, first mission with Sam"

I smile at the kid and sarcastically cheer, "Yay so fun" Gathering eye-rolls from those around.

The tension in the room dwindled in the presence of Peter. Thor and Bruce were out doing who knows what, while Cap and Hawkeye were on a separate mission.

Leaving the room to consist of Tony, Falcon, Natasha, Wonda, Quicksilver, and of course Peter Parker.

"So we're doing this or what?" Wonda states uninterested in, well everything.

"Alrighty, we going to be retrieving an alien artifact from a Hydra base." We simply stare at Tony, "That's it guys, nothing else."

"So we're not saving the world from an apocalyptic threat or anything on a bigger scale." I question.

"When has that been the norm, ever!" Tony let's out. I shrug my shoulders, "Well recently that's all y'all have gotten."

"How do you know, you've been apart of this 'team' for a whopping 3 weeks." Natasha lets out.

Looking at her with an are you an idiot look I speak softly, "Literally everything you guys do is documented on the internet and news, smart ass."

She rolls her eyes ignoring me, "Care to fill us out on the details of the mission Tony."

"Blah Blah Blaaaah. Blah Blah, Balls" is all I heard seem to come out of Tony's mouth, and some more Blah as well.

I already knew what the mission was, and I knew what needed to be done.

"You sure your up for tonight." Peter whispered in my ear as we left the office.

"Spidey, I'm telling you for he 100th time, I'm okay." He hesitates before shrugging his shoulders, "Alright but don't say I didn't ask."

"Did we skip to the mission part already or is the author still setting that shit up still." I question sneaking by Tony whiles he's working in the lab.

"Jesus Sam, fuck"

"I'm just asking, cause the author doesn't seem to know how to build up to it."

All I get is a blank stare from Tony, "Shut up"

"sHUt uP"

"Stop it"

"stoP iT"

Before I know it a book is hurled at my face, grabbing it I throw back at him.

"Ouch, why'd you throw that?" he looks at me as if I just committed the hugest sin.

"You literally threw it at me first," I look at him puzzled, "with the intent to kill"

"You got proof"

"Well no bu-"

"Then your statement is IRRELEVANT" he all but shouts.

"That's not how this works."

"Sam look," he places a hand on my shoulder and looks me in the eye, "I am a man of science, I believe facts and facts are backEd up with evidence."

"You can just check the security cam-"

"NO time for child play, I must prepare, skid-addle child." he pushes me out of the lab closing the door before I can utter a word.

I think for a second, "They say I'm the crazy one"

"Hi"

"Go away"

"You know I can't do that, Tasha-Poo"

"The fuck you just call me?" The spy turns slowly to me, face seemingly disgusted. "Tasha-Poo, you see it's a play on words. Your name Natash-"

"I know that, don't call me that." She interrupts

"Do you prefer sweetheart?" I smile at her, as she ignores my attempts to attract her attention.

I go to tap her on the shoulder, and instead ends up flipped on my tooch, "Ouuuuuch, what the heck

She sits back on her stool and continues to work, as if no damage was done. "Thought you could predict the future? Why didn't you predict that?"

"Yeah, sometimes. You know what I saw?"

She looks back at me on the floor curiously, "Yeah wha-" Before she could reply I swiftly kick her chair from underneath her causing her to fall right onto me.

"You in my arms"

She looks back and stares in my eyes for a second, her cheeks blushed. "Comfortable right" I wink at her.

She rapidly jumps off and grabs the papers she was working on. Heading out the lab she looks back at me sitting there smiling, "Get ready, todays mission isn't a joke. I know your strong but don't get cocky."

"AWW YOU CARE" I yell out to her as she enters the hallway. My smile slowly fades as my mind starts churning.

"We're all fricked"