07 | Tailing Future

The future is tailing the present.

Sam's POV

Sam's POV

"Pretty much"

I tilted my head slightly, "Don't you think it's a bit dangerous having a single base for the worlds superheroes?"

"Well being superheroes and all we don't really have to worry about crooks breaking in," he explained while shooting a spidey smile.

"Sounds dumb to me, y'all are just getting cocky." I sigh out while sitting on the couch.

I tilt my head to the boy, "Don't you go to school Pete or did your drop out?" 

"I graduated already, I'm done with school. No need when my futures set in stone." he smiled at me.

"And what future is that?" he looks at me with calm eyes, "I'm going to be an Avenger, and when I get to old for that I'm going to work with SHEILD!" his face looking a little unsure.

"Just know the future is never set in stone" I say as my head rolls back. Another headache approaching, worse than normal.

"You good there Sam, you're not looking so good?" I stand up attempting to teleport away.

Unable to I grab on the arm of the couch and lower myself slowly, "Yeah just a migraine."

"Doesn't seem like a migraine to me, are you sure you're okay?" he stands up somewhat worried.

"Pete I said I'm fine, I'm just going to get some  Advil, alright"

My vision blurs as I stand up and darkness overcomes my eyes.

Opening my eyes to a dark and familiar setting, I push my hand to the floor lifting body off the ground.

Feeling the set of eyes watching my move, I speak up, "You could've gave me an heads up before bringing me here you know that."

"You've been ignoring my calls, why is that."

"You sound like a nagging girlfriend," I wince out as the pressure on my head.

Ignoring the comment I made he proceeds to talk, "Why have I not been briefed your actions? This is not a game Samantha, this is real, and you need to take it seriously."

"All you had to do is asked to be briefed, don't be dramatic" I rolled my eyes as usual.

"Dramatic? If you would answer me you would know when I need to briefed, but you don't!"

He seems angry, I should shut it.

"Well as we know they all come and go into the tower as they please. Tony, Cap, Nat, and Clint all seem to dislike me, as expected. Sam, Thor, and Pete appear to like me." He nods my head at my quick explanation.

"Oh, and Wanda, quickie and Bruce are just fascinated by me, for better use of words."

"What are their whereabouts?"

"Well most reside in the tower, Clint's mostly out seeing his family all the time, Thor's going back and forth from Asgard and Sam has a secret girlfriend in Seattle."  I nod satisfied with my sentence.

"And how are you? Everything good up there."

"Doesn't matter, times catching up on me so all I can do is wait." I say with a smile not so convincing.

"You know what you have to do tomorrow right?" he asked from the darkness.

"Yeah, I know" tired of standing I lower myself on the floor, "I'm not gonna mess anything up"

The next time I open my eyes I'm in a different setting. The light above my temporarily blind me, causing me to hiss.

"Why the heck are the light so bright?"

"Oh my God! Your awake, I thought you were gonna die!" I look at the boy next to me with a side eye.

"Maybe not die but something serious at least."

Peter helps me as I slowly lift myself of the uncomfortable bed, "How long I've been out?"

"About 3 hours"

"Anyone else know what happened?"

"No, Jarvis said you were fine. I was still worried so I brought you here." I pay him on the head.

"Good let's keep it that way, and not tell anyone." I rise to my feet causing Peter to scramble up along with me.

"Are you sure you don't need more rest? That headache seemed pretty bad." I smiled at him.

"No, I'm used to it."