09 | Possibilities

Sam's POV

Sam's POV

"Do you ever stop talking?"

We were at that the point of the flight where everyone was done with everyone's bull. I was in the farthest part of the plane, enjoying the show and eating some Carmel corn.

"Me? You never stop running your mouth, it's like a constant repetition of words." Sam semi-yelled at Pietro.

"Hey let's not fight we can talk this out like adults."

The rest of the eyes went to Peter trying to calm the situation that only seemed to escalate."Ahh shut it Peter, you're like twelve." Sam sternly looked at Peter like a child be scolded.

"Well this twelve year old can beat your ass." Peter replies puffing up his chest.

"And the crowd goes wild for PARKERRR" I exclaim with a makeshift microphone I made by cupping my hands. Nat sending me a look, informing me I'm not helping the situation.

"I let you beat me it was TRAINING."

Before any more exchanges of words can be made, Tony sat up and clapped his hands.

"Okay kids we're here"

The mission was pretty simple, we go in beat some people up and take whatever they needed us to take.

I ignored the planned situation and kept repeating what needed to be done.

Just go in and get it over with. Do it right no one gets hurt, get it wrong- well fuck.

Oops. I cursed, dammit they're all bad influences one me.

Situations like this seem to pop up like this a lot, two positive outcomes are plausible but people get hurt.

We can't have him getting hurt again, now do we.

"Hey dumbass, we're getting in our teams, wake the hell up." Shot out of my train of thought by a moody Falcon, I look up and smile at the man.

"Peter beat your butt didn't he?" He flustered at my question,  "No it was trainin- I WAS TAKING IT EASY ON THE KID." His voices raised as I gave him a questioning look.

"Oh look teams, yay" I walk towards the rest while stifling a laugh, "He-HEY" he followed after me heated but stopped as the rest looked at him, smiling"

"I-I was taking it easy on him" he mumbled more to himself.

Everyone seemingly huddled around Nat, with Cap not being here. The mission was easy enough, so the big guns were not needed, but I couldn't gather why Fury wanted a good part of the Avengers here. One would have been enough to get it over with, with no problems.

I'll have to ask Boss later.

With the whole mission planned we silently got into our makeshift groups. I was stuck with the twins, they could handle themselves if I left them.

Tony was with Falcon and Natasha was stuck with Peter, since she didn't want to partner with me.

She loves me.

The back of the place open up, we all give each other one last look and head off to our assigned position.

"You ever killed anyone?"

Me and Wanda both look at Pietro with questioning gazes, "What kind of icebreakers do you think of?"

We quietly quicken our pace slowing down as we reach the back of the facility, no security as expected.

He shrugs, "You are in the Avengers, the only one here who hasn't killed anyone is Peter." He looks right as me but I continue to head on.

"I'll teleport behind the door and open it from the inside."

"I thought you can teleport only places you've seen."

"Bold of you to assume that, isn't it."

Before she can question I teleport behind the backdoor inside the building. I look around the dark room and to the door I should be opening for the twins.

"Sorry guys, it'll take you some type to open this one it's built for people like you." I whisper to myself as I run away leaving them for themselves.

Natasha's POV

As me and the kid round the corner of the right side of the we hear shots go off. I shoot a questioning glance at Peter, this isn't part of the plan.

I press my hands to my ear, "Tony do you copy, something's not right." For a menacing second all I get back is silence, then Tony speaks calm and slow.

"Nat you and the kid get out of here, right now."

Peter and I make eye contact, as I recall Tony's word.

Simple Mission. In and Out.

"What's going on Tony?" Peter quickly responds already dead-set on not leaving.

"You guys need to leave NOW." Tony firmly states through the mic. "Where's Falcon? Falcon do you roger, Sam, Wanda, Pietro?" Peter calls out but doesn't get a response.

I look at the boy, panic obviously setting in. The shooting lasted for mere seconds but the silence afterwards left an unsettling feeling.

After few more beats of silence a new voice, familiar is heard over the earpiece, Fury

"Sam has gone rogue. I repeat Sam has gone rogue."