Kisses and Lies

The pounding on the door is the first sign I should shut down and tune out.

"Nuni, listen to me!" That voice is the second sign.

Atem's eyes flashed as he looked down at me laying on the bed.

"He caused you this distress?" He growled getting to his feet.

"Atem, don't."

"I will not allow anyone to hurt my Aibou." He strode toward the door, his cape swung out behind him. He yanked the door open, and that was the first part that surprised me.

"Stay away from, Nuni." Darkness swirled around the Pharaoh.

"Atem." Marik's lips curled into a smile

The fact that Marik could see Atem was the next thing that caught me off guard.

"Excuse me." I try to shove past Atem but he's solid, like actually solid and kind of stronger than I thought he was, I knew he was just going easy on me.

"Get out of the way, Atem." I hiss at him. He stands more firmly in my path.

"Stay away from him, he is the darkness I've been sensing in you."

"Then you get away from him if he's so dangerous." I grab his arm. Marik slides a look at me.

"Has she told you how I kissed her?" His smile grows as he looks keeps his eyes on mine.

Atem's body goes rigid.

"Don't listen to him." I snap.

"Did she tell you how she kissed me back." Marik's smile grew "like she's never been kissed by real man before."

I lunged at him. Atem's arm snaked around my waist and he pulled me back inside, closing the door on Marik's face.

"He's lying." I yelled desperately. Atem wouldn't believe him over me, right?

"say something." I smacked his chest "Marik is lying I'd never.-" Atem's lips were on mine in the next minute and he slid his hand up the back of my neck and combed his fingers through my hair, he pulled me into him and he kissed me harder, more passionately than any of the sweet kisses we shared. It was a bold move for the pharaoh. I kissed him back. At least I tried to, I'd never kissed anyone before.

An even bolder move, he hiked me up onto his hips so that I was straddling his waist and walked us back into the room. He laid me on the bed and he was on top of me. His weight pinning me to the bed and panic ebbed in, being in such a vulnerable position, I couldn't do it. Not yet.

Atem pulled back, pressed one more kiss to my lips and looked at me. "If one more man tries to taste your lips, I will end them."

I felt myself blushing like crazy, Atem laid beside me and wrapped his arm around me. I nuzzled into his side.

"I don't want anyone else to kiss me like that."

"Tell me what happened?" He asked barely masking his annoyance. I let the memory play for him. I let him feel my revulsion when Marik's hands touched me.

"That was as close as he got. He never kissed me," I assured him.

He trailed his fingers along my jaw, down my neck and rested his hand on my waist

"I will send his mind into the deepest darkest parts-"

"I'm fine." I snap. I don't want to hear about revenge right now.

"As you wish." He pulled me into his lap, giving me a sense of control and pressed his lips to my neck. My insides trembled, part from fear and part from desire. I did want Atem. I just couldn't bring myself to go any further.

"take your time, Nuni." Atem whispers "I am not going anywhere." 

**author's note**

Wooooooo three updates  one day. maybe one more today as my gift to the loyal readers of this story. 

Happy reading, 

XOXO