Christmas at CHB

I feel like being a narrator even more than usual so...... please bear with me.

T'was Christmas Eve in Camp Half-Blood, and all the children were sleeping. The Romans were visiting, and the campers convinced them to put up a tree in their barracks. The Hunters were also visiting. Poseidon allowed Tyson to take a break, on the condition both Tyson and Percy had to visit him underwater for at least 1 hour. However, a small group of people were still awake, wanting to see Santa Claus. When the clock struck midnight, they all fell down, peacefully sleeping in their beds. What they didn't see were shadows, lengthening, and reaching across the trees. The next morning, when everyone was awake, presents wrapped in shiny paper were underneath the trees! However, before everyone went to bed, they had sworn they didn't see presents. What happened that night?

~~~~Last night~~~~

At 11 pm, Percy woke up, and went over to Cabins 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 20, and the barracks to wake up select campers to aid in his quest. What was his quest, you may ask? All will be revealed in due time. He woke up Annabeth, Frank, Hazel, Jason, Thalia, Piper, Leo, Nico, Will, Lou Ellen, the Stolls, and Clovis. He then asked Clovis to make all campers apart from the ragtag group fall asleep. Then, Percy asked (read: threatened) the Stolls to smuggle in the presents he hid just outside camp borders. As the twins were doing that, he convinced Lou Ellen into casting a spell to stop time (IDK just go with it).

He then assigned each demigod (apart from the Stolls, they were in a group of 3 with Piper) trees to distribute gifts to. This is the list:

Annabeth-Cabins 4, 6

Percy-Cabins 3, 12, 19

Frank-Cabins 5 and barracks

Hazel- Cabins 14 and barracks

Jason- Main tree

Piper, Stolls-Cabins 10, 11

Thalia- Cabins 8, 16

Leo-Cabins 9, 17

Nico-Main tree

Will-Cabin 7, 18

Lou Ellen-Cabins 15, 20

(You may be wondering why Cabins 1 and 13 are not on here it's because Percy will give them their gifts directly)

~~~~Back to the present~~~~

Annabeth, Percy, Frank, Hazel, PIper, the Stolls, Thalia, Leo, Will, and Lou Ellen feigned surprise for their cabinmates. Then, a Christmas miracle happened. Hades allowed the dead parents and siblings to visit their children for Christmas! All was well in the festive place called Camp Half-Blood. 

Question (not mandatory): Why is X'mas the shortened version of Christmas?

Bye and Merry Christmas readers!

-Bookworm Llama signing out