Chapter 1: Delayed

I grabbed my luggages and headed out the door. I looked up and saw that my taxi driver was an old man, I gave him my things and quickly went inside the car. I turned towards my watch, it read 7:16AM. Great, I was going to be late for my flight. I kept starring at it, watching the hand tick rapidly. I waited cautiously inside the car, panicking. The man finally got in the car and headed down the road. Surprisingly, he was quite a fast and careful driver. When we got to the airport, I paid an extra $10 to the man. I grabbed my luggages as fast as I could and ran towards the airport. I looked at my watch again, 7:28AM, my flight was at 8:45. I went through security check, constantly looking at my watch. When I entered the airplane, I was welcomed by glaring faces that were all starring at me.
"I delayed the flight." I kept telling myself. I wanted to hit myself because I really hated the feeling of guilt.
As I organized myself into my seat, I looked at my watch once again. 8:31AM.
"Hallelujah." I thought, I wouldn't feel guilty all day.
By then, I noticed that I had the 2 seat row all to myself. I put my purse on the empty seat beside me and grabbed my book inside it. I began to read it when a shout had interrupted it.

"Wait! Don't leave yet!"

A man, maybe the age of me, with dreamy  eyes, and a face that God had spent on quite some time on, approached the flight attendants, panting. He said hello, and the flight attendants welcomed him in.

He began to walk, no tuning, looking at each seat number, until he got to my row.

"Uhm excuse me? Your bag? Sorry to interrupt you." He said while blushing.

"No, no, no need to apologize, I should be the one to apologize." I said shyly, maybe turning a little red.

I quickly grabbed my bag away and put it under the seat in front of me. We settled in our seats waiting to take off, silence between us. I began to read my book again, but then the silence broke.

"So what's the book you're reading?"

"Oh you know, the classic, The Notebook. Have you read it? To be totally honest, this is my 10th time reading this because reading is my.. thing."

"I actually haven't, but once you're finished, you should lend it to me. So what's your name and where are you flying to?" He said while giggling.

I for sure knew that I was blushing by then. I tried to hide it, but I knew I couldn't.

"Hmm, sure, but uhm how would I lend you? And my name is Ella Mendoza and I'm flying back home, Australia. What about you?"

"We can probably keep in contact since I live in Australia too! Lets exchange phone numbers, so just give me a call when you're done reading it. Oh, and my name is Troye Sivan."

From that moment on, we continued to talk about each other for 16 hours straight until we got to Sydney. I learned that Troye is a successful youtuber with over 3 million subscribers, and not only that, he is a singer. He also has the sweetest personality, a lovely accent, and a handsome face. How more perfect can this guy be?  But he was taken, of course. I knew I wouldn't have a chance with him but for some odd reason, I couldn't help but think about him.

~ I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter of my story! Feel free to comment your opinions :-)