XXXVIII

Kellin

"Guess what mate!" Oli said ecstatically while walking through the stores door.

"What?" I questioned.

"Hannah and I are going out tonight, and then next weekend she's going to dig up some of her tattoo supplies and give me one." I smiled at him. What made him smile made me smile.

"Oh really, she does tattoos?" I asked, so Oli nodded in a response. "That's hot." I teased. Oli rolled his eyes.

"Yeah okay, have a good day at work Quinn." I laughed.

"You too Oil."

"Stop calling me that." Oli whined. 

"Hmm, no. Talk to you later." I retaliated, laughing to myself at his nick name. It really had no reasoning behind it, but it was funny for sure.

Oli left thereafter with a final wave and smile. Nobody came in for the next few hours, so I was stuck listening to the music playing on the radio station set for the store. Not that I was complaining, it was a mix of reggae and rock, my favorites. Sydney never showed up, which demented me a little. Why has she been missing so much? I guess it's none of my business really. 

The work day ended as quickly as it had started it seemed, and I didn't hesitate to dig around the cabinets lying behind the counter. Nobody was coming in now that I was closing up.

Wrong, the door opened suddenly. The small ding indicated me of someones presence. With a huff, I finally decided to speak while on the hunt for my keys and phone.

"Sorry, but we're closed. Tomorrow we will be open again and-" I found my keys and phone at the same time, so hastily I straightened up, stopping myself where I was. "Vic?" No, he was really there. His presence lingered before me. We hadn't faced each other since he made his choice.

"...Hi..." He replied quietly, not even trying to hide the despondency written all over his face. And no matter how hard I tried to push my feelings for him away from me, it was impossible. I was always going love him, wasn't I?

"U-Um... What's wrong?" I questioned meekly, the moment before me becoming awkward.

"Well, everything." He mumbled, so I simply nodded and fiddled with the keys. "I really need to talk to you."

"Please don't." I replied quickly, shaking my head. What he had to say would make this so much harder. "You can't just keep contacting me Vic, it's making this too hard..."

"Making what hard?"

"This break up." I reciprocated briskly. His eyes drooped at my words, and also because he looked tired as hell.

"I wish you'd give this a try." He said, leaving me with nothing to say.

"I wish you'd given me a chance too." I said with all honesty. I didn't know where or how I came up with that sentence, but I did. And that one sentence brought me to tears in a second. "I'm gonna go." 

"No Kellin, please don't go yet." Vic pleaded, making the tears sting my eyes harder. I shook my head, grabbing my phone before walking past him. One hand was on the door before he replied.

"I don't want this fucking business. I don't want the money, I don't want my father's honor and power." Vic yelled, making me stop instantly. "I don't want a nice house, I don't want a good job, I don't want anything but you Kellin." He added on, eyes locking with mine.

"Yet you chose everything but me." I seethed unexpectedly, surprising myself. He just said all those sweet things to me and that's all I had to say? What happened to the old me?

The old me would've started crying immediately, or at least I though I would've. I know I would've forgiven him and tried to stay with him. But I'm not the old kind and caring person I've been the past few months. I was that kid who didn't give a shit about anything except for alcohol, drugs, and sex. 

In other terms, I was the old me. The old careless Kellin whom I hated my entire school years. It was like I was sucked back into the old days.

I walked down the sidewalk in a hurry, desperate to get away from Vic. Yet I knew deep down there was no way I could avoid him. He'd find me again. We'd argue again. We'd relive this moment. And until it happens again, I'm going to dread that day.

With a sigh, I slowed down into a walking pace. He wasn't coming after me, and if he was it'd take some time to catch up. 

Going home was a possibility, but not a fun one. I couldn't go out with Oli because of his date with Hannah. A smile crept onto my face. Finally something good was blossoming for Oli, even after all the stupid shit he did.

With a huff, I turned around and double checked my pockets for my fake ID. I can't wait until I can legally go to clubs and not have to worry about getting caught or something stupid like that. When I felt the card in between my fingers, I walked off quickly.

The walk was short, and in a few minutes I found myself standing before a guard who scanned over my card. With a nod, he stepped aside and allowed me into the building. Blaring music met my ears again as I made my way to the bar. I took a seat on a stool just a little bit away from the others. A bartender came over with a smile a few short minutes later and asked me if I wanted anything. But before I could even order, someone yanked me by the arm. The wind was knocked out of me as I tried to place my feet evenly. 

Quickly, I balanced myself before looking up from the ground.

"What are you doing?" Vic asked me.

"Are you fucking kidding me." I mumbled, looking up before a groan escaped my lips. "Why are you always stalking me?"

"It's not stalking." Vic defended. "You shouldn't be here."

"Neither should you." I shot back.

"Kellin... Can we please go."

"You can go Vic." I replied angrily. "You can go and leave me here because I'm great. There are plenty of other people I could be with right now. Go run your fucking perfect business and forget I even fucking exist because in the end you don't fucking care and I'm just fucking done with you and all your fucking-"

"Shh." Vic interrupted, as calm as ever. 

"Why aren't you mad?!" I yelled.

"I can't be mad at you." I shook my head, avoiding his gaze. He placed a hand on my arm, but only for a second before I yanked away.

"Don't fucking touch me." I seethed, meeting his gaze.

"This isn't you Kellin."

"Good, I don't even want to be Kellin anymore." I admitted shamelessly. Instantly I regretted it though.

"W-What?"

"Never mind, just... go." I pleaded silently, tired of arguing.

"Come with me." He grabbed my hand again. And no matter how hard I tried to get away, he was one step ahead.

"Let me go please I j-just wanna go home a-and sleep..." Tears formed in my eyes again. I was such a fucking baby.

"No we're going to talk once we get back at my place."

"i don't wanna go." I whined.

"Too bad." He reciprocated.

From there on I was silent, even when we got to his house. But of course we didn't go inside, we went around the house into the woods again. We were by the tree like last time.

Vic tried so many times to get me to speak up, but I refused to speak to him. I don't really know why, because I knew deep down I still was in love him. I guess I convinced myself otherwise.

"If you aren't going to talk then we'll stay here all night." He finally said. My gaze met his, so I laid down on my side, shutting my eyes immediately.

Suit yourself.

 ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Votes: 39

Comments: 14