XXIX

Kellin

Work was becoming more and more stressful. So was keeping up with Vic and trying to figure out what Matty was up to. Some how he's managed to avoid me for the past three days. It's like when I'm here, he's not. But when I leave, he probably comes back.

It just makes me more suspicious. What's so fucking bad that he has to hide it from me?

I don't know yet. But I'll find out.

Anytime that I try to cover up a major secret, or someone tries to cover a secret up from others, they always slip up and the truth is spoken. Whatever he has to hide won't be a secret forever, no matter how hard he tries. But it's also not worth my time to interrogate him when I know very well that he isn't just going to tell me. It'd take a lot more time and dedication to get him to spill. 

I punched the clock, marking my time for the day before saying goodbye to Sydney and heading out of the store. It was chilly yet again, so I slipped on my jacket I had hanging from my arm. While walking up one of the alley's, I considered stopping by the office, but then i remembered his dad and also he didn't work today.

So instead, I pulled out my phone a texted Oli, inviting him over. Usually I wouldn't invite people into a house that's not mine, but it felt necessary. I needed someone to talk to.

The walk home was short, and somehow I managed beat Oli here. But he showed up in at least five minutes of when I did.

"Hey." He said with a smile, walking through the door. He didn't smell like smoke like he always had before. His hair was combed neatly, in fact everything about him looked so clean.

"Look at you." I said in disbelief, then smiled.

"I know mate, I clean up good." He posed, then laughed. "But yeah, I was serious when I said I was done, I don't need rehab or anything."

"I guess not. I was kind of critical, you know?" He nodded his head in agreement.

We went farther into the apartment and sat down on the couch. I grabbed some bottles of water and tossed one at him. Of course Matty had beer, but I decided against it because I wasn't sure if Oli was done drinking too.

Because when he drinks, things get ugly. 

"So what's new with you?" He asked after swallowing some of his water. Oli tucked his leg under him.

"Umm, not much. I got a new job at the Bad Kitties store downtown."

"That vinyl place? I hear the lady that runs that is cute." I smiled.

"She is, but I shouldn't say that, she's my boss." He laughed, and for once it was one fo those actual Oliver Sykes laughs. They were rare, but special at the same time. 

"Yeah yeah, anyways what else?"

"Why do you always focus in on me so much?" I questioned, resting my head on the couch's back. 

"Because I don't like talking about me." He shot back. I let out a sigh.

"Fine...fair enough." I mumbled. "Vic and I worked things out from when we were fighting. We also did the do." I laughed nervously. Idiot.

"Woah, woah, woah." Oli stopped me, smiling and tugging on his bottom lip. "Did the do? What are you twelve?" I nodded, laughing once again. "So in others words you fucked?"

"Good choice of words." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "But yeah, we did."

"Well it's about time, I knew the high school you. You were like a sex machine."