[9] avoiding her.

Saiid

I walked into my house and heard noises from the kitchen. I slowly walked in and saw everyone eating dinner. Even Yasin, Sarah, and their daughter are here. '' Uncle Saiid! '' Nancy screamed and ran towards me, I sat on my knees and hugged her. She hugged me back tightly and giggled, '' Nancy, I missed you! '' I said. She pulls away and looks at me, '' Me too! '' She kisses my cheek. I laugh and kiss her forehead. I stood up as I carried Nancy, '' Ha, Wencinit? (Hey, where have you been?) '' Yasin looks at me, I look at him and then Sarah. I smile at her and she smiles back, '' I was out. '' I tell them.

'' Out? With who? '' Nadia asks confused. I look at her and sigh, I can't tell her that I was out with my student eating and dancing with her. '' Someone. '' I replied, everyone looks at me with their eyebrows raised. '' Okay, I'm positive that he was out with a girl. '' Mac laughs, '' Were you out with a girl? '' Jaffar winks at me. I swallow a gulp and shake my head. '' No? I wasn't, just with a friend. '' I tell them. Yasin laughs, '' Bro, you could just tell us if you were out with a girl. Btw, don't you think Is time for you to find a girl to marry? '' Yasin says taking a bite from his food. I laugh, '' C'mon guys, let him have his privacy. '' Sarah rolled her eyes, I winked at her and she chuckled. 

'' Well, his privacy should be shared with his best friend. '' Nadia snaps at her, Sarah rolls her eyes. '' Looks like you're not best friend material enough. '' She looks at Nadia with disgust in her eyes. See what I mean, Yasin and Sarah have been married for years now and every time they come to visit Sarah and Nadia always have to argue. '' Ohhh, okay guys, I wasn't out with any girl. '' I tell them as I take a seat while I carry Nancy. I put her on the table and I sit in front of her. We talk for a few minutes about some random stuff, we laugh and joke. '' Bro shut up that's not true! '' Adnan shouts as we all laugh. '' Sureeeeee. '' Mac winks at him.

'' Right, Saiid I wanted to ask you a question. '' Yasin looks at me. I nod at him, '' Which school do you work in? '' He suddenly asks me, I furrow my eyebrows at him. '' Wildwood High School. '' As I said it he turns his gaze at Sarah. '' Babe, doesn't Rasha go to that school? '' He asked her, my heart immediately sank. I swallowed a gulp, how does he know who Rasha is? '' Yeah, she does. She's a senior there, do you know her Saiid? '' They looked at me. I smiled and slowly nodded, '' Yes, she's my student. '' I replied, I'm still curious about how they know her. '' Wait, I remember Rasha! '' Jaffar says, I look at him. '' From Walmart! '' Adnan suddenly says. Fuck.

'' What? '' Sarah looks at them confused. '' Yes, last week Saiid stopped by at Walmart to buy his favorite chips. When he came out we saw him dying of laughter with a girl, they were joking and Saiid oh my gosh he couldn't even catch his breath. To this day I still wonder why. However, the guys and I walked up to them to say hello, she introduced herself as Saiid's student and her name is Rasha. '' Adnan explains, 

I felt everyone's eyes on me. At that moment I wanted to punch Adnan right in his mouth so he couldn't speak anymore. He will see. '' Uhm yeah, Rasha and I, we are very close. She's really funny. '' I let out a humorless chuckle as I looked around. Sarah and Yasin looked at me confused.  '' Ohh, well she's my cousin. And yeah she is really funny, she makes everyone laugh. '' Sarah smiles, I nod and smile back. 

Rasha

Next day

'' Rasha, you totally missed everything yesterday! '' Tamara jumps around as she holds my hand. Donia sighs, '' Don't worry my girl, you didn't miss anything. '' Donia rolls her eyes. I let out a chuckle, '' What are you talking about? She missed everything. The guys, fuck. They were so hot. Wallah, I wanted to give a guy your number. He was your type, I just knew it! '' Medina winks at me, I look at her with an annoyed expression. '' Thank god you didn't. '' I say and they all laugh. We walk towards my locker to bring my stuff.