The Familiar Beginnings

Start from the beginning

A very young child came out the vent, he was smaller than everyone else. He wears a dark green, over sized, torn up raincoat(?)

Another kid came out, he wears a light yellow cloak and his legs and head are rapped in bandages.

Last but not least. a large kid wearing a blanket over her, covering her whole body came out.

"Were here to rescue you!" Mono whisper-yelled.

"Why are we whispering there's nobody in here." One, the boy in brown said. talking normally.

"Well, the Janitor has good hearing. He could be close by!" Mono said, talking normally now.

"Hey guys, over here!" Seven waved to them.

The large group of kids immediately walked over to Seven.

"I told you they would come!" Seven said, looking up at Six.

Seven talking to Six made everybody look at Six, drawing attention towards the yellow raincoat wearing girl above.

Everybody stared at her, for awhile. Silence, for the third time was brought back into the room.

"Hi!" Five, the small boy in dark green broke the Silence, waving his hand. Six hesitantly waved back.

"Guys, let's not make this awkward and make this room go dead silence." Two, the long haired girl said.

"How should we release that girl?" Three, the blanket kid said.

"What about the other kids?" Mono asked, looking at the other kids in cages.

The Other Caged Children were very silent, not responding or reacting to anything.

"I... Don't think they have a will to live anymore." One said, staring into the cages.

"They don't have reactions to anything." Two said.

"Well, let's just work on getting me and her out." Seven said.

-SIX POV-

Everybody started discussing on how to get me and that kid out. I didn't pay attention to what they were saying right now. I stood up and slammed myself into the bars, ow. That hurted.

I backed up, it looked like the cage moved. I slammed myself into the bars again.

"What are you doing?" I heard somebody say, no idea who.

I slammed myself into the bars again, this time the cage fell.

I got up and pushed on the top of the cage, it was unlocked. I crawled out.

-THIRD PERSON-

"Well, she got out on her own." Two said.

"Now how do we get Seven out?" Three said, going up to Seven's cage.

"Wait." Six said quietly. "I could try to picklock if you have an item I could try with..."

One snatched a Bobby pin from Two's hair. "Here!" He gave it to Six.

"That's mine! I can't afford to lose another!" Two complained. "You have like, five more in your pocket." Mono stated.

-SIX POV-

Do these kids always talk so loudly? I thought. I focused on the lock, picklocking it.

--THIRD PERSON-- (Ik, it was super short)

After a minute or two Six unlocked the cage, opening the door for Seven.

"Thank you." Seven said before stepping out the cage.

"Oh, she did it!" Four, the bandaged kid noticed.

"Thanks for saving our friend, what's your name?" Mono said, walking over to Six.

"S-Six." Six said quietly.

"Well, Six. Let us introduce ourselves." Two shoved Mono out the way.

"That's one, I'm two, that's three, that's four, that's five, that's seven and that's Mono!" Two said, pointing to the kids she named

"Another reminder that my name is the only name that isn't a straight up number in this group." Mono said a bit quietly but loud enough for Four, who's standing right next to him to hear.

"Doesn't your name mean one?" Four whispered.

"Yes, but that's a meaning not an actual number." Mono whispered back.

Suddenly, they all heard a loud bang and heavily breathing nearby.

"Jantior is coming, let's go!" Seven yelled, going towards the vent. Seven climbed down the vent.

Everybody followed, climbing down the vent. Six ran to the vent but stopped running when she was right next to it and didn't climb down.

-SIX POV-

My vision started turning black, what's happening?

I shook my head, maybe I could just shake off the blackness. No, it didn't work of course. But I couldn't afford to just stand here while The Janitor was coming, I started climbing down the ladder though it started getting harder to see.

I felt the metal floor below me, good. We're in a safe place, I turned around and saw the group waiting on me.

"What took ya, so long?" Seven said, I shrugged in response.

"Let's keep moving, I'm sure The Janitor can reach us down here." Mono said, starting to walk farther down the vent, the vent was large enough for us to properly stand. The other kids started following Mono.

"I don't think The Janitor's arm is THAT long." Five said.

I rubbed my eyes, of course it didn't help my vision.

I should try to go as far as possib-

Everything went black.

Oh, no.

------
1321 words

Hoped you guys enjoyed it!