Lloyd- Be My Yang?

Start from the beginning

"Well, like I said, he likes simpler things, but he also really likes anything with gold on it. So maybe something small with not too many designs on it, but with a little bit of gold." I state.

"I'm sure he'll love whatever you get for him, (Y/N)." She smiles.

"Thanks." I smile back.

We finally approach Ronin's shop and we push our way through the glass door as the bell above the door rings. Ronin appears from a back room and walks up behind the counter.

"(Y/N), Nya! It's been a while. What brings you two here? Please tell me you're actually here to buy something, and not inform me that the city is in danger or something. If this place gets destroyed by some weird fire snakes or oni again, I can't afford to rebuild it." He jokes with us.

"(Y/N) here is trying to by some Yin Yang pendants!" Nya exclaims as she nudges me forward.

"Oh, are you finally asking Lloyd?" Ronin asks.

"Yeah, I am." I confirm as I nervously approach the from counter.

"Great. I have plenty of pendants. And before you ask, no, I didn't steal them." He assures us.

He guides us over to another glass counter full of a ton of pentants. Probably too many pendants for me to choose from. I'm extremely indecisive.

"Here's all of the ones I have right now. Anything particular you're looking for?" He asks.

I'm kind of overwhelmed by all of the choices. I don't know which one Lloyd will like best.

"Uhm... I... I'm not sure..." I reply nervously.

"Well, he said Lloyd likes gold. Do you have any with gold on them?" Nya answers for me.

"Sure. Lots." He points to all of the pendants that have gold on them. Some of them just have gold trim, others are solid gold.

I'm thinking one that just has a simple design and some gold trim. I scan over the few that have simpler designs on them, until one catches my eye. It's a dark forest green, so dark it's almost black. And the edges have gold trim and the gold is also on some designs in the middle. It's perfect.

"That one." I point to the pendants.

"That was quick." Ronin laughs.

"Wait, do you think it's bad? Do you think Lloyd won't like it? Should I pick another one?" I second guess.

"No, it's fine, (Y/N). Lloyd will like it. I promise." Nya says.

"You really think so?" I ask.

"Of course."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After Nya and I had walked back home, I approach Lloyd. I had the perfect day planned out for us. First, well stop at the comic shop and I'll buy something nice for him. Then, we'll go out to eat, and then I'll pop the big question.

"Hey, Lloyd." I greet as I walk into his room.

"Hey, (Y/N). What are you up to?" He gets up from his bed and approaches me. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me close, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out and do something together. It's been a while since its just been the two of us." I say as I return the hug and also brush my hand through his soft hair.