[three.] lumiere over me

[ lumiere over me ]

. . .

au
what would a mother
not do for her child?

. . .

PLAIN, white snow.

It was all Fei could see from his window. His bare hands were on the glass, slowly becoming cold and numb. He continuously darted his eyes from left to right, as though he was searching for something outside. And he was searching for something, apparently.

"Fei? What are you doing?"

The young boy's bedroom door made small creaks as it opened, also revealing his father, who had a stack of papers in his arms. More paperwork, Fei noted. Even during the holidays, Asurei Rune remained a workaholic. Adults are very strange.

"Just looking outside." Fei answered.

With a small frown, Asurei said. "Your hands will be cold if you don't wear gloves."

Fei dismissed him with a wave. "I'll be fine, dad."

Asurei snapped his finger as he remembered something. "Oh, that's right. I received a call from the Evans' household. It seems Saryuu's parents will be away for a few days. Do you know what that means, Fei?"

At that, Fei hastily faced his father, his eyes widening in excitement. "Saru's staying over?"

"Bingo." Asurei answered with a small wink, "Now, get ready, kiddo. He'll be here soon."

"Okay!"

"I prepared a bunch of cookies earlier, in case you ever get hungry," Asurei added, "I'll be in my office if you need me."

"Thanks, dad!"

Fei scrambled about his room, grabbing clothes, blankets, and other things. Excitement kept him moving. And he stopped momentarily, eyeing his window.

What if it'll show up when he's not looking?

What if it won't come again?

Shaking his head, Fei exited his room. He just had to convince himself that it's nothing.

&

"EARTH to Fei?" Saru poked the green-haired boy, who, yet again, had his face on the window.

They were in the kitchen, sitting on the small nook, with Saru sitting away from the window—he preferred to sit in front of Fei, instead of beside him—and with Fei, although was meant to face Saru, facing the window with a troubled expression. They were feeding themselves with the cookies Asurei had prepared. Well, only Saru was eating. Fei seemed preoccupied with whatever's outside. Saru began to feel impatient.

"Huh?" Fei looked at the silver-haired boy from over his shoulder, only realizing that he had been called.

Saru closed the book in his hand, sighing. "Okay, what's up with you? No, what's bothering you? No, what's out there?"