[one.] collapse my veins

[ collapse my veins ]

. . .

headcanon
an emperor and
his one desire

. . .

VILLAINS have always been Saru's favorite.

They were the reason he enjoyed reading books and watching drama shows. Even in his younger days, he relished the presence of antagonists.

Ever since he was a child, main characters frequently seemed to be one-dimensional and cliché. They have a goal—to be good, to be stronger, to discover their hidden abilities, to unravel their pasts, to save the world. But they never clicked with Saru's interests.

Adults that watched over him thought he was destined to walk on the wrong path. And it wasn't because he liked villains and disliked heroes. Only because he didn't share common interests with normal children. You would think that the future is more open to accepting newly emerged identities and personalities, that everyone is aware of the illnesses any kind of disaster can cause.

But no, that wasn't true.

The children you call the hope in the present are corrupted in the future.

Psychopath. Monster. Abomination. Demon.

For God knows how long, these silly names act like tiny pieces of paper on Saru. They create paper cuts on the fragile linings of his heart, both inside and outside. Some are deep, some are not. But they were enough for him to remember.

Apparently, in this world, being different is a crime. You'll never be taken seriously if you were unordinary. Humanity resorts to terrible actions such as abuse, shame, and neglect; to false beliefs and idiotic rumors. Hatred has no boundaries on this earth. Because what humans don't understand, they fear. And what they fear, they tend to destroy.

Growing up, deciphering sophisticated characters was Saru's catharsis. His escape from the nasty threats. Every flip of a page and every dialogue of the antagonist, a strong sense of connection blossoms in Saru's heart.

It was a sense of belonging.

And Saru knew deep in his heart that he was the villain in everyone's story—especially to El Dorado and its aged leaders.

To the second stage children—Fei, Meia, Giris, Garo, he was a leader. The very person to give them a sense of direction. Not because he's driven by ambition and greed, but because he was chosen by them. No one else could handle such responsibility. Only him.

And it excites him. How he commands a group of people like him. How he rules over the mundanes by fear. How natural power runs through his veins. It provides him a purpose, a reason to live.

Saru can make destitutes bleed, make them scream, make them cry out and beg for mercy, if he so desired. He was beyond ordinary, and was close to a god, with his abilities. It was as clear as a mirror, and words from haters bounced off like light. After all, anyone who isn't like him doesn't matter. Perhaps they never will.

Happiness, freedom, equality—they are ridiculous and boring. Saru didn't fight for these ideals. He despised them.

Heroes are slaves, puppets, jesters. They don't fight, they perform. They don't save the world, they bring entertainment to the ones above, to the ones who have nothing else to do with their lives. Heroes may be as tough as a lion, but lions are part of a circus.

Saru isn't a performer, and that's what makes him different. Not his abilities, not his strong personality, not his leadership. His role.

He is an emperor.

Born to rule. Born to soar high. Ruling a small group of outcasts is less than what he really deserves. Like all villains, his greed craves for one thing. What Saru wants is to rule the world, and the world is what he'll get.

Perhaps even more.

And no one can stop him.

Not even himself.

[l.] - pride always gets in the way, doesn't it?